FOR ALL YOU HARDWARE-FANATICS!!!!!11!!1one

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

MadPumpkin
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac
Current Project: Octopia
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1-3, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++,Java,Py,LUA,XML
Location: C:\\United States of America\Utah\West Valley City\Neighborhood\House\Computer Desk

FOR ALL YOU HARDWARE-FANATICS!!!!!11!!1one

Post by MadPumpkin »

So i was strolling around google looking at pictures of 'Naked' game consoles and i found this awesome, god like creation, one of my favorite game design authors it is by. http://www.xgamestation.com/ it can be found at, *EDIT: speaking like yoda i am. :lol:

lol sorry about the yoda like language :lol:
but aside of that, i think that thingy is glorious and im going to buy it in like 3 months er something lol

just thought i would throw that out there!
*EDIT: the rest you can read on the website i thought i would just put some of it here to get you guys a lil' more wanting of the readness
for this.

"The Game Console Starter Kit is the ultimate resource for getting you started with game console development. The kit includes everything you see including the XGameStation Pico Edition 2.0 Kit which includes both the solderless and PCB version of the XGS Pico Edition. Also included in the kit is a hardcopy of the one of a kind book "The Black Art of Video Game Console Design" written by Andre' LaMothe. Optional 9V DC power supply, programming hardware, and cables can be purchased seperately below in the product options."

"Package includes:
Hardcopy of "The Black Art of Video Game Console Design", including CD.
XGameStation Pico Edition Kit 2.0 including CD and complete assembly instructions.
Entry level soldering iron (plus solder) to solder together the PCB version of the XGS Pico Edition."

"Technical Specs:
The XGameStation Pico Edition 2.0 is based on the technologies of its bigger brother the XGameStation Micro Edition. However, the Pico Edition is a more simplified unit that you assemble yourself! The XGS Pico Edition 2.0 comes with both the XGS Pico Edition 1.0 solderless breadboard and parts as well as the Pico PCB Add-On Kit, so it's two kits in one! After you build the solderless breadboard version then you can solder your unit together and have a completely portable embedded game system that you can re-program. The complete assembly instructions, architecture, and programming of the Pico Edition comes with the kit on CD as Chapter 11 and 12 of "Design Your Own Video Game Console". The Pico Edition may be simple, but it packs a punch with a Ubicom SX28 microcontroller running at a blazing 80.000MHz. Additionally, the PCB version of the Pico Edition that you will solder together has a 7-Segment readout, 15-pin interface, A/V jacks, and a built in Directional Gamepad, for a completely portable mini-game console.

"The Black Art of Video Game Console Design" is written for the programmer and/or hobbyist interested in software game development, but also wants to understand the hardware games are implemented on. This book assumes no prior knowledge of Electrical Engineering or Computer Architecture, but takes you on a breathtaking journey from atomic semiconductor theory to the design and construction of basic video game consoles that you can build and write your own games for! Included in the book is the entire design of numerous embedded game systems including the XGameStation Pico Edition 1.0 (kit included)."
While Jesus equipped with angels, the Devil's equipped with cops
For God so loved the world that he blessed the thugs with rock
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Re: FOR ALL YOU HARDWARE-FANATICS!!!!!11!!1one

Post by trufun202 »

Yeah, I saw an article about this in Game Developer magazine. That's pretty damn cool.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Yeah, I saw an article about this in Game Developer magazine. That's pretty damn cool.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

that looks pretty awesome think you for the link.