OS Religion Wars (Split from IRC Lulz)

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: OS Religion Wars (Split from IRC Lulz)

Post by eatcomics »

LeonBlade wrote:Alright, obviously DJ Yoshi doesn't get it, somebody lock the topic because this is just going to get out of hand...
I think taco is the greatest OS in the universe!!!!!!!!!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

LeonBlade wrote:Alright, obviously DJ Yoshi doesn't get it, somebody lock the topic because this is just going to get out of hand...
Get...what? That you have a different opinion than me? PS, great job mini-modding.
There is no signature.
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

DJ Yoshi wrote:Get...what? That you have a different opinion than me? PS, great job mini-modding.
I think the problem here is that you haven't treated any of this as opinion - nor has anyone else, to be fair. You, however, feel the need to add little condescending "PS"s and comments on grammar akin to 12-year-old sarcasm, negating any modicum of intelligence that may have been present in your post up to that point. Aside from that, most of your arguments appear to be born out of laziness to someone who has done more in linux than install and click some buttons. And no one's debating the amount of time you have to learn it - if you don't have the time/patience, then don't use it, but don't trash it for not being oh-so-intuitive (ie. never having to type anything but a word document, or maybe a hotkey if you're a really advanced Windows user). Oh, and one last thing: don't comment on someone else being on their high horse while up on yours.

Guess what? I have two Windows PCs, a linux machine, and a Mac, because there's something I like about all of them. There a reason this thread has been named "OS Religion Wars". It's just as absurd as that argument, aside from the fact that operating systems actually exist (ba dum..). So let's all say it together, children: "One OS is not better than the other, it's just different".

There, now we can all go back to jerking off to our start menus, registries, and never having to so much as look at a block of text that isn't a button.

Aaaaaaand scene.
wearymemory
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by wearymemory »

Oh! But that's where you're wrong, aamesxdavid. Linux is the best operating system.

Yes yes, let's lock this topic before someone points out how sore of a loser I am.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

I agree...

I stopped arguing because it's really immature...
Winning an internet fight isn't on the top of my list of things to do in the day...

I will say that I think Linux and Mac are better than Windows, but like aamesxdavid said, they all have there pros and cons.
It is all opinions really... some points you can take for literal like Linux and Mac are defiantly less prone to viruses like Windows is, making them both better OS when it comes to security of your computer.
However, there are some things Windows does that Linux doesn't (maybe lol) and stuff like that.

So enough with the immature back and forth stuff analyzing everyone's post and having a comeback just to make yourself feel better...
If you have something you want to point out, then act in a more mature fashion.

For example: I think that Linux is a better OS for security.

But lets not make massive posts like OH YOUR WRONG HERE'S WHY bull shit...

But anyway, aamesxdavid covered everything really, just wanted to throw in my opinion...
There's no place like ~/
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

wearymemory wrote:Oh! But that's where you're wrong, aamesxdavid. Linux is the best operating system.

Yes yes, let's lock this topic before someone points out how sore of a loser I am.
Somebody shoot me.
LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeonBlade »

GyroVorbis wrote:
wearymemory wrote:Oh! But that's where you're wrong, aamesxdavid. Linux is the best operating system.

Somebody shoot me.
I'll do it... shoot you right in the back of the head, you wont even feel it.

(name that book/movie)
There's no place like ~/
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

It seems like nobody has anything worthwhile left to say, so :lock:
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.