my Genesis collection update

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

my Genesis collection update

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

Hey, I hit up a couple of pawn shops today and bought some genesis games, so my collection is now as follows:

Cartridges Only
Street Figher 2: Special Champion Edition
Jurassic Park
Altered Beast
Shinobi 2: the Revenge of Shinobi
Last Action Hero
Sonic 3
Sonic 1
Sonic 3d Blast

Games with Boxes & Manuals
Ecco the Dolphin
Tecmo Superbowl
Nba Jam Tournament Edition

Games with box, but no manual
Sonic 2
bulls.bears2011
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Re: my Genesis collection update

Post by bulls.bears2011 »

Oh yeah, and METAL HEAD for the 32X!!!
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

bulls.bears2011 wrote:Hey, I hit up a couple of pawn shops today and bought some genesis games, so my collection is now as follows:

Cartridges Only
Street Figher 2: Special Champion Edition
Jurassic Park
Altered Beast
Shinobi 2: the Revenge of Shinobi
Last Action Hero
Sonic 3
Sonic 1
Sonic 3d Blast

Games with Boxes & Manuals
Ecco the Dolphin
Tecmo Superbowl
Nba Jam Tournament Edition

Games with box, but no manual
Sonic 2
Cool, that's a nice line up. The Genesis version of Jurassic Park was by far the best!

I never played Metal Head for the 32X, but it looks pretty sweet. Reminds me of Iron Soldier for the Jaguar (which was awesome).
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

DUDE. YOU NEED SONIC AND KNUCKLES. THAT LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY BLEW MY EFFING MIND WHEN I WAS A KID.

Yet another scenario where my SNES got the cold shoulder. Even Donkey Kong Country didn't stop me from playing the shit out of Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2 & Knuckles, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
aamesxdavid
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by aamesxdavid »

GyroVorbis wrote:DUDE. YOU NEED SONIC AND KNUCKLES. THAT LOCK-ON TECHNOLOGY BLEW MY EFFING MIND WHEN I WAS A KID.

Yet another scenario where my SNES got the cold shoulder. Even Donkey Kong Country didn't stop me from playing the shit out of Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 2 & Knuckles, and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
Sonic and Knuckles was probably the best thing to ever happen to my Genesis. I went back through everything just to climb up all the walls and punch things in the air.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, those sneaky BASTARDS.

You wanted to play through Sonic 2 with Knuckles, then you wanted to play Sonic and Knuckles alone, because you were too lazy to get to those stages via Sonic 3.

Then you decide that you want the full experience, so you play through Sonic 3 and make it to Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic AND Tails.

But shit, then you realize that Tails could fly in Sonic and Knuckles, so you have to rebeat Sonic 3 to get him in Sonic and Knuckles.

Then after you beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Sonic and Tails and just Tails, you realize "aw shit, now I have to do it again with Knuckles."

Then after that you realize that you want Hyper Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, so you rebeat it as the three all over again.

...and this was my childhood.

Oh, then you figure out the debug mode cheat and waste hours upon hours messing up the levels.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:Yeah, those sneaky BASTARDS.

You wanted to play through Sonic 2 with Knuckles, then you wanted to play Sonic and Knuckles alone, because you were too lazy to get to those stages via Sonic 3.

Then you decide that you want the full experience, so you play through Sonic 3 and make it to Sonic and Knuckles with Sonic AND Tails.

But shit, then you realize that Tails could fly in Sonic and Knuckles, so you have to rebeat Sonic 3 to get him in Sonic and Knuckles.

Then after you beat Sonic 3 & Knuckles as Sonic and Tails and just Tails, you realize "aw shit, now I have to do it again with Knuckles."

Then after that you realize that you want Hyper Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, so you rebeat it as the three all over again.

...and this was my childhood.

Oh, then you figure out the debug mode cheat and waste hours upon hours messing up the levels.
Damn, now I feel like a missed out, back in the day some friends of mine had Sonic & Knuckles, but I never owned it.

Off to ebay I go...
-Chris

trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Man, last night I took a break from coding and hooked up the good ol' Genesis. I forgot how damn cool Castlevania Bloodlines is!

Sure, there's always SotN - but for it's time, Bloodlines is a nice little gem in the series, and I definitely prefer it over Super Castlevania IV.
-Chris

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Goddamnit! When I was in high school, there was this store "Rhino Games" around here. Peter and I used to walk there every weekend and buy a bunch of badass NES, SNES, and Genesis games. It's 90% of the reason that my collection is as badass as it was. When they went out of business, I ran over there as fast as possible to wipe out their rare Genesis games.

I got Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4, but some asshole beat me to Bloodlines. I will never forgive myself... :(
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

GyroVorbis wrote:I got Phantasy Star 2, 3, and 4, but some asshole beat me to Bloodlines. I will never forgive myself... :(
I've never actually played any of the Phantasy Star games on the Genesis. :oops:

I was too hooked on Shining Force and Final Fantasy games. I do own a copy of Phantasy Star for the SMS, so maybe I'll start there.
-Chris