What projects are you currently working on?

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

What projects are you currently working on?

Post by Falco Girgis »

This is going to be like a master list. Tell us your project name and tell us about it. If you are on Youtube, give us a link to your channel.
M_D_K
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: What projects are you currently working on?

Post by M_D_K »

Project Name: S3 (working title)
Its a 3D space ship arcade game with elements of UT Bombing run in it. I will feature online play over internet/LAN and is designed to be highly modifiable (thats all i can say right now at least till i have more done).

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there is a strong possibility that a PSP version will be made available (stripped down but) with the same gameplay. What will be interesting is the AdHoc networking(max 16 players that ain't bad).

http://www.youtube.com/user/medekdev One video up the result of messing around with Lua
Last edited by M_D_K on Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gyro Sheen wrote:you pour their inventory onto my life
IRC wrote: <sparda> The routine had a stack overflow, sorry.
<sparda> Apparently the stack was full of shit.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Trask »

I'm currently working on a PC version of the card game known as Lunch Money. Probably most people haven't heard of this game, but its something my friends and I have been playing for years and its a project that I've been wanting to do since I first got into programming. I doubt there would be much interest for this game outside my circle of friends, but I know they want to play it and I want to make it, so it works. ;)

This is a fight type card game, the premise is that you are a bunch of school girls, beating each other up using these attack/weapon/combo/specialty cards. There's defense cards and some of the special cards can completely reverse an attack. It sounds silly, but it encourages loudness, humor, and violence, so it goes down well with us.

http://www.atlas-games.com/product_tables/AG1100.php <- This is a link to the product site, you should definitely consider picking this up if you want something fun and simple to get into.

The scope of the project is to take this card game and make it enjoyable through a PC interface. The idea is to be able to play this together, even when we can't get together. To do this, I will be using DirectX, a networking API for connectivity, voice/text chat, and C++.

I say scope as I'm still in the early stages of this game. I am following a book by Jonathan Harbour called:
2D Advanced Game Development(http://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Game-Dev ... 121&sr=8-1) which gives you a nice looking Direct X 2D engine that will more than adequately fit the needs of this project. I will also be using Raknet(http://www.jenkinssoftware.com/) for the networking side of things as I'm not too strong in terms of network programming.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
moose517
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by moose517 »

I'm currently working on a side scrollling space shooter with TeamWASD. http://www.youtube.com/user/TeamWasd. I've been kinda out of the loop lately as to whats going on, to much other stuff on my mind but hope to get back to helping Thanatos454 with the project. We have a long ways to go but will keep at it.
MakazeGamer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MakazeGamer »

Well a me and a few people are working on a text based RPG right now, then we hope to convert it to a 2D RPG. we are in early stages of designing it right now.
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Pangea's quest (text ~tile~ based rpg)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, PC, playstation 1, Virtual Boy, Snes
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Post by ultimatedragoon69 »

wow makaze your doing the exact same thing as me. You probably have more people helping you though.
MakazeGamer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MakazeGamer »

Kewl, :). Well at the moment we have 4 people who are activley working on it, including me
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

for my project i have me as the programmer and my roommate is the writer. I'm hoping to have the demo done soon though.
MakazeGamer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MakazeGamer »

Ya right now, all we have are some psuedo code, a few flow charts, and I made a few calculators so far to calculate physical/magical atks, leveling exp, etc. I will probably be working on the battle system over the next week. We are going to get the technical stuff out of the way first before we worry about storyline, although we have a basic storyline set forth already.
ultimatedragoon69
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Not a bad idea to map out how everything is going to go down. I sorta did the opposite, i had the writer of the game come up with story and a few details of the game like monsters and stuff. Then i sat down and started programming, whatever i thought the game needed i added and if i didn't like it i just didn't implement it. Of course that makes for a huge mess of code so i had to start deleting the stuff i wasn't using. Then i had to alter alot of code to fit some things that the writer didn't like or wanted modified a little bit. then there was alot of balancing (still doing balancing) and then some more balancing (don't think ill ever get the battle system actually balanced).

Of course those parts were what i consider the easy parts. Getting the stats in and how each stats affected certain things like, magic, attack speed, attack power, magical attack, physical defense, of course off of the battle system still got that on my brain. Of course i didn't like doing the magic for the game either that was a pain. The special abilities of each spell and the base attack. On top of that some spells could be used more then once a turn. Oh....... I'm so sorry i went off into my own little world there for a minute. Anyway i went the opposite direction i just jumped in and started programming without any outline of any kind.

I do have to say that the way your doing it is way better in my opinion though. I'm more of a hobbiest then anything else. I started going to college because i wanted to know more not really because i wanted a job or anything at the end of the line. Which in turn makes some habits of mine come out like never planning anything. Anyway ill stop talking now have a nice day.
MakazeGamer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by MakazeGamer »

well really, a lot of the stuff we might be using (might change later on) is from when i was designing/writing/programming a text based rpg on my own, which obviously did not get to far lol. So i kept the stuff for reference and here and behold I joined this team of people who literally just got started, getting the first few people recruited. So i just showed him what i already had and this was all in like the past few weeks.

we have a assembla page for organization purposes, if you wanna check us out

http://www.assembla.com/spaces/recontextprg/new_items
ChrissyJ91
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS1/2
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by ChrissyJ91 »

I am currently working on a futuristic text based game with a friend of mine. My friend is doing the coding whilst I do the games design. I've been playing a number of text based games like shrapnel, theatre and the lurking horror, we intend to start doing dev evenings and videos in the not too distant future. we haven't done a proper disussion together on the game though we do have a good idea of what we intend to do.
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

Project Name: Golvellius: Scarlet Fountain (aka Golvellius 3D)
Project Start Date: May 2008
Platform: PC
Technologies: C++, Ogre3D, Lua, ODE
Tools: Milkshape3D, Unwrap3D, CharacterFX, fragMOTION, Photoshop, Visual Studio 2005

Background: Golvellius was originally released for the MSX and was later ported to the Sega Master System (SMS). This was basically the Master System's answer to Zelda - but hardcore fans are quick to point out that Golvellius is very different, and I would agree. The ending of the SMS version of Golvellius left the story wide-open, and even said, "To be continued...", but the franchise was dropped and the SMS sequel never happened.

My Involvement in the World of Golvellius: Growing up, I didn't have a Sega Master System, I was an NES fanboy. But my wife had one growing up, and she's an 8-bit nut. I've watched her beat Golvellius at least a dozen times. Meanwhile, I've always been a wanna-be game developer, and I was looking for my first 3D project. Golvellius' lack of a sequel sounded like a good opportunity.

I'm playing the role of artist, animator, programmer, and designer on this project, so there's plenty to keep me busy.

Screenshots:

YouTube Videos: http://www.youtube.com/trufun202
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Post by Arce »

Goooooodamn.

Can I get an Amen?

I've been following your movies, trufun--and I must say I love your characters. ;P

Anybody why wants to create a topic dedicated to their project may do so.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

yup..! trufun is l337 [/no sarcasm]