Pirates vs Ninjas

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Pirates vs Ninjas

Post by dejai »

Pirates vs Ninjas, a 3D combat game programmed with the Irrlicht engine, C++ and my Game State Framework which is pretty much a combination of three other game state frameworks two of which have not been developed for several months. I chose to use a framework because it basically puts my spaghetti code in several smaller bowls which make it look like a fairly eatable product. Also being modular I can test code and not worry about breaking the entire game. I can add modules and other peoples GPL code almost instantly.. (Pretty much just add a pointer to the added class and with singleton return it through a function to the sub virtual states.)

Anyway here is a pic:

If you want to download the code you can wait till its finished. It will be open source because I really don't think I should take rights to my code I have infinite copies why should yours not be free? The media however may not be free, because its not going to help you by me giving you free media. At all. (Its a nice model. Free code but it costs the rights to use the media in your own games. Sort of like Doom.)
dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Pirates vs Ninjas

Post by dejai »

Wow the sun won't look like that its running at 1000 percent speed. So its updates are really jittery I will fix that sooner or later. The day night cycle was actually developed by a guy for his term paper at university so I gave him credit for his code. The projects nothing special. Yet at least.
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

hm.. looking nice.. from what i can see..

half of the pic is cut out on my monitor..
dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by dejai »

With a name like that I am really disappointed you don't know how to view an image from source when its linked on a forum post.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

dejai wrote:Wow the sun won't look like that its running at 1000 percent speed. So its updates are really jittery I will fix that sooner or later. The day night cycle was actually developed by a guy for his term paper at university so I gave him credit for his code. The projects nothing special. Yet at least.
Aaaah, haha. I was looking at it, and I noticed the sun was ripped in half. But hey, if it can run at 1000 percent speed, that's a pretty good sign, eh?

Looking great, keep up the good work.
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

dejai wrote:With a name like that I am really disappointed you don't know how to view an image from source when its linked on a forum post.
I was kidding.. thank you.. -.-
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I didn't get a link, I got to copy the image location.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

In Firefox you can right-click, view image..

And if nothing else, you can just save the image and see it..
I'm used to being underestimated, but no this much.. -.-
Last edited by cypher1554R on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Yeah I could but who wants to do that when they can copy the image location and paste it into the addressbar like a real man? :)
Also I thought he was implying he made the image a hyperlink, which was not so.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

MarauderIIC wrote:Yeah I could but who wants to do that when they can copy the image location and paste it into the addressbar like a real man? :)
:lol: you da man.!
dejai
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by dejai »

Yes quick update. I have added some better ways of receiving events and I am getting onto my custom camera node now.