Help with HTML

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Help with HTML

Post by Marx Chaotix »

My friends and I are getting ready to start up a website but, the problem of it is is that I know little to no HTML to even get started. (Brutally fucked on my end) Can any of you help me out here? Maybe you could show me some links to any websites or pages that can teach me some of the basics.
teamtwentythree
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

Post by teamtwentythree »

Are you looking to learn about setting up a website or just getting one setup?

If you want to learn HTML thats not a bad idea, but you don't need to know much HTML to setup a site anymore. There are a number open source web site management utilities out there, they basically setup everything for you. You may need to know some HTML to modify the layout, but most of that is done in CSS as far as I know.

Are you getting a hosting provider or using your ISP?
Hosting providers may have options for you there too. Mine has a number of default applications you can use which do a lot of the work for you.
Kleithap
ES Web Developer
ES Web Developer

Post by Kleithap »

If you want to learn the basics of building a site, and maybe do some scripting as well, I suggest you look at <a href="http://www.w3schools.com">www.w3schools.com</a>
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Yes! And I always liked the Sizzling HTML Jalfrezi @ http://vzone.virgin.net/sizzling.jalfrezi/iniframe.htm for some reference. Probably a little out of date now :)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Thank you all! But, I have another question do any of you know if you can change the name of a website? I'm asking because Gyrovorbis (My older brother) is giving me his website. He is of course keeping these forums and taking it with him. (I don't know how)
WinterChill
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by WinterChill »

Well, if by the name, you mean the URL, then it depends.

It depends on what type of server you're running on (ask gyrovorbis). Most servers or ftps allow you to modify the domain.
TheLordBJ is possibly the gayest retard to ever insult The Chaos Rift.

Asshole =D