Pathetic...

Anything related in any way to game development as a whole is welcome here. Tell us about your game, grace us with your project, show us your new YouTube video, etc.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Pathetic...

Post by Arce »

It's pathetic how little is going on Devwise.

Yeah, I'm actually quite serious about my new projects...And I see Gyro finally adding to his DC game, so kewl. But other than that, it's very pathetic.

You guys calls yourself Devers? I bet most of you haven't even opened a source file in months, let alone worked on a project. Why? Either you're lazy bastards who lack motivation, you're busy as hell, or you just aren't hardcore enough to know how to dev. I'm assuming the majority of you fall under the first option, despite my repeated attempts to get a new project started. So, I want to hear right now, what's the story?

JSL? What, did you just wake up one day, roll over, and say, woops, I'm not deving anymore!

DJ Yoshi? Finals I guess? College? Judging by how little you post here, you're likely busy, but if you read this, tell us your story.

Wutai? WTF? You're of age man--I started Deving when I was much younger than you. If you don't know how, get on JSL's ass, or LEARN YOURSELF ((which is the best way to go)). I can hook you up with everything you need to learn SDL or even Blitz if you felt to inclined. So, why aren't you deving?

As I understand, Marauder is deving, but only for his required college shit--Nothing major. However, I also heard from him that he's got an interest in learning SDL, and I intend to send him a copy of Focus on SDL ((once I find my spare copy)). Also, he's got finals coming up, so he's not doing much this week. Plus, he says he'd getting a full time summer job...That sux.

Now, anyone I missed, what's your story? WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU DEVING? And if you are, WHY THE FUCK AREN'T YOU POSTING ABOUT IT!?!?!??!?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

8 months actually. I haven't had enough time to dev my senior year since the mandatory chill with foo's time and calc homework cloggen' everything up. I also have severe anti-motivation problems... and laziness. Basically, I don't get enough in return to spend that huge amount of time required to dev.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Showdin
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Showdin »

I'd like to learn some of dat shit I mean, It'd be cool but I dont have a lot of time. In addition, I am more interested in science than programming. I might become a psychologist.
You are better than me.
asams
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by asams »

learnig to program in darkbasic, make sprites, make worlds, add physics/collision, make 3d objects in 3ds max so i have too much crap to learn> i am a total f*cking noob! i am asams12 from youtube!
Arce

Post by Arce »

Odd topic to post this in, especially since it's well over a year old...

But welcome to The Chaos Rift anyway! If you need any help, I'd be happy to assist you whenever i get time (which, unfortunately, isn't too often these days with the major programming project and school, sorry). Good luck with your devvage!
asams
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by asams »

thanks is there any way i can download your level editor, or games/ game alphas and betas? that would be cool :cheers:

:bow: :worship: good luck man! :worship: :bow:
Arce

Post by Arce »

Umm...I'm sorry, at this time, it's all still under construction, and we've all agreed not to release anything until the official demo. :?

However, there's a number of other applications (unrelated to the current game) that you could download if interested. On my part, it's mostly demos and crap that I made when i was first learning to program, so it's pretty assified. The other members of the team might have other things they'd allow you to see/use/download, though that's entirely between you and them, as that's unrelated to the game.

Again, sorry. But when the demo comes out, you and the members of this forum will be the 1st to know.

Also, I'm going to try to update the new "Adventures of Game Development" topic as much as often. Most of the game and development talk is in a hidden forum on here that most members cannot access, so I'm going to try to keep the regular members as up to date as possible.

By the way, I'm not sure if you'd be more interested in the technical aspects, or the finished product...You said you were learning Dark Basic? How's it going?

Sorry for the slow response--Lotsa shit going on these days...Plus, it didn't flag this topic as unread for some reason. Sorry!
asams
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by asams »

well i have just started on stuff like doing controls, text, sound, and i am learning how to not make suckky sprites. by the way how, :butt: , is this a smile it basicly says bend over and crack a smile :guffaw: .
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Haven't really been on much in the last year or so.

But I'm not really interested in programming. I don't have the time or motivation to learn it.

However, I respect you guys for spending so much time on it, and doing what you do. I don't have that kind of patience.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Arce

Post by Arce »

I'm still not quite understanding what is so appealing about this topic that has been dead for over a year and is completely outdated...But okay. xD
But I'm not really interested in programming. I don't have the time or motivation to learn it.
Sorry to hear that.
However, I respect you guys for spending so much time on it, and doing what you do. I don't have that kind of patience.
*bows* Why thank you. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
well i have just started on stuff like doing controls, text, sound, and i am learning how to not make suckky sprites.
That's pretty kewl, we all start somewhere. :cheers:
by the way how, Ass , is this a smile it basicly says bend over and crack a smile A Hearty Guffaw .
Again, our smiley collection used to be WAY larger...You probably would have really liked some of the old ones, lol. Unfortunately, most of them are gone. =/
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

I'm giving this post a phoenix down.. :mrgreen:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

I shouldn't post here but I'm doin stuff...
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

eatcomics wrote:I shouldn't post here but I'm doin stuff...
xD yeah.. feels kinda good to do that, doesn't it..?

Some1 is glad that the post became old and forgot10, you just HAVE TO press the reply button and bring da olde pain..! :twisted:
Arce

Post by Arce »

Some1 is glad that the post became old and forgot10
Amen, brudda.
you just HAVE TO press the reply button and bring da olde pain..!
& a great way to get shot, that would be. :cheers:
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
cypher1554R
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by cypher1554R »

Yes, Arce.. I just LOVE to read your opening post.. I can't deny :lol:

Keeping this topic up means something.. From now on every time you guys start slacking you'll see this topic just *pop* to the top. This time it just came as warning.. To remind you how it feels.. :wink: