DS Must-have list

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

DS Must-have list

Post by Arce »

What games would you put on?

I'd add these, definitely:
Yoshi's touch and go
Kirby's Canvas Course
New Super Mario Bros
Super Mario 64 DS (remake)
Advanced Wars: Dual Strike
Poke'mon Diamond and Pearl
Toney Hawk's American Wasteland
Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario Kart DS
There's a ton more that I think are worth adding to my list so far, as they look like great games...However, I haven't gotten far enough into most of them to judge fairly.
Rotten
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Rotten »

Im suprised, what good you find from Yoshi touch & go, i bought it and i was really disappointed!
I mean, it has like 4 game modes (or something like that) and they sucked balls.

Boring game...

I recommend to not get DS in the first place, but here is a small list.
  • Super Mario 64 (YAY)
    Mario & Luigi: Partners in time (Little bit boring but its ok...)
    Warioware touched (Awesome!)
    Metroid Prime (hunters?)
Life sucks, programming doesn't.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

I love DS. It's possibly my favorite console. It's definitely the best handheld console I've ever had.

I haven't played all of these so these are games I have as well as games I want that I've looked into and that seem cool.

(Have)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Phoenix Wright: Justice for All
Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings

(Want)
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Elite Beat Agents
Trace Memory
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Arce

Post by Arce »

Wow, fortunately, almost EVERY game you just listed I have on my flashcard (if you like DS games, you should seriously look into getting one)

Also, there were a few games I played once or twice that were EFFIN AWESOME. I'll post them as soon as I get further into them.

And yeah, I must admit that at 1st, I thought DS sucked balls...Then, as time went on, the games it came out with grew steadily cooler and cooler...All the sudden, i realized that I had a DS and am missing almost 10 good games. Yes, it's my fav. handheld by FAR (and I'm an extreme GameGear fan, too) ever since I got my Firecard and actually got to play some of the awesome games that're out.

As for Yoshi...I think it paid nice respect to the SNES version in every way EXCEPT music. OMG. They fucking ruined that...But the game play is almost identical with new twists, so I love it.
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
That's one of those games that I just recently added and didn't get too much time to play, but it really does seem AWESOME so far, and I think worth getting. It looks like one of the most well done DS games (128 mb vs. all the other 64 mb games) I've seen ina long time, though I guess I can't fairly say too much--I've only played a few minutes into it.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
I have this, but since I've never heard of it, I didn't put it on my card. Is it any good? What type of game?

Also, Secret of Mana looks like a great game, you should give that a go or look into it.

Oh, and I'm planning on getting the Diddy Kong Racing remake soon, as I LOVED that game on n64.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

ARCE, I POSTED A REVIEW OF THE THIRD PHOENIX WRIGHT MONTHS AGO. GYRO SAW IT. WHY DIDN'T YOU? THE PHOENIX WRIGHT TRILOGY IS IN MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE GAMES. GO PLAY IT NOW.

Anyway, here are more games.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Lunar Knights

Secret of Mana is on DS? I know there is Children of Mana on DS but it gets really mediocre to bad scores.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Karkash wrote:ARCE, I POSTED A REVIEW OF THE THIRD PHOENIX WRIGHT MONTHS AGO. GYRO SAW IT. WHY DIDN'T YOU? THE PHOENIX WRIGHT TRILOGY IS IN MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE GAMES. GO PLAY IT NOW.

Anyway, here are more games.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon
Lunar Knights

Secret of Mana is on DS? I know there is Children of Mana on DS but it gets really mediocre to bad scores.
Children of Mana wasn't bad, it just wasn't very story based. Just blah blah go do this dungeon go do that...but I hear the multiplayer can get really fun.

Think of Diablo with less story and more action.

Also, good luck finding Dawn of Sorrow.
There is no signature.
Arce

Post by Arce »

ARCE, I POSTED A REVIEW OF THE THIRD PHOENIX WRIGHT MONTHS AGO. GYRO SAW IT. WHY DIDN'T YOU? THE PHOENIX WRIGHT TRILOGY IS IN MY TOP FIVE FAVORITE GAMES. GO PLAY IT NOW.
OMG, WOW. Before I even read this post (seriously) I played this game on the toilet...OMG.

That game is FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously. I've NEVER seen a game like it, it's seriously the most fucking unique gameplay I've come across in god knows how long. I LOVE IT. Definitely deserves to be on the top of the list.

Just solved my 1st case, moving into the second in the game, and I'm highly impressed. = )

Dunno why I missed the review... I think I'll check it out now.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

DJ Yoshi wrote: Also, good luck finding Dawn of Sorrow.
Well, Yikarso has it. So in essence I have it. =D
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

Arce wrote:
OMG, WOW. Before I even read this post (seriously) I played this game on the toilet...OMG.

That game is FUCKING AWESOME. Seriously. I've NEVER seen a game like it, it's seriously the most fucking unique gameplay I've come across in god knows how long. I LOVE IT. Definitely deserves to be on the top of the list.

Just solved my 1st case, moving into the second in the game, and I'm highly impressed. = )

Dunno why I missed the review... I think I'll check it out now.
OMG, wait until you get to the fifth case. Since the game is a port from GBA, the fifth case was added to show what can be done with the DS so it has all these extra features. Plus, Apollo Justice, which is the next in the series, comes out February 12th and this next trilogy is made specifically for the DS and so all the cases in it should be like the fifth case.
Last edited by Karkash on Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arce

Post by Arce »

5th case? Hmm...I'm cross examining the detective in the 2nd (with my boss's sister) and I can't find a contradiction in his statement!

Hm...Lemme keep playing, I'll post when I get 2 case five.

And you say it's a GBA remake? That's freaking awesome!

Btw, which one am I playing? I'm playing Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Is that the 1st one? How many are there?
Arce

Post by Arce »

Oh, yeah, i can't believe I forgot to add 'Age of Empires: The Age of Kings' to my list. I played that for the 1st time not too long ago, and I love it.

I'm into RTS games, and this one reminded me of a kind of Advanced War/Hero's hybrid. I really like the game, though I've never played any other title from the Age of Empires series, so I'm not sure how it compares.

Also, has anyone here played Donkey Kong Jungle? I gave it a shot just recently, not knowing what to expect...And I was highly disappointed. Maybe I'm not far enough into it, but the gameplay is so different that I'd have imagined...It seems like Nintendo went on one of their kiddy game crazes. Would you guys say I judged it too early, or does it really suck? xD

Oh, yeah, and with my new FireCard, I'd be happy to play and review any DS game (English only, sorry). So if you'd like to request one, I'd glady play through a game and tell ya what I think.
Karkash
ES Graphics Artist
ES Graphics Artist

Post by Karkash »

Phoenix Wright is a trilogy and the order is Ace Attorney, Justice for All, then Trials and Tribulations. Another trilogy is starting with a new main character called Apollo Justice and a few characters from Phoenix Wright will show up once in a while. It comes out February 12th.
sirtom93
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by sirtom93 »

Ive only ever played wario ware touched and thats pretty good.
sirtom93
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by sirtom93 »

Also pokemon diamond is 1337.
Arce

Post by Arce »

sirtom93 wrote:Ive only ever played wario ware touched and thats pretty good.
I'll agree with you there....
Also pokemon diamond is 1337.
And here, though i have sapphire.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can have a Poke'mon version on my Firecard. Apparently the game has a small internal battery to keep track of time (for berry growing and shit like that) that my flashcard doesn't have. It runs fine until (I think) the point in the game when it tries to evoke the timer (right after you finish making your character.) Sooo...FUCK.

As for Ace Attorney...Still at it. I'd say I'm 2/3rds through chapter 3 (I only find time to play on the toilet these days =(. Btw, what kinds of things were you talking about in chapter 7? Curious..Just don't give too much away. xD

Oh, and i recently started a game on DragonQuest: RocketSlime, and I've gotta say, i'm impressed. I'm loving it so far, LMAO. And I've never played a DQ before. >.<