I Just Beat Final Fantasy 7.

Anything pertaining to video gaming whether it be old or new, PC or Console.

Moderator: Gaming Addictees

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

I Just Beat Final Fantasy 7.

Post by Falco Girgis »

Believe it or not. Here are my thoughts.

It's a fucking AWESOME game. I had serious doubts, on account of every fanboy seems to overhype this game. I started playing it almost pessimistically.

The graphics are fucking awful. Even the cutscenes look like ass and could probably be rendered by Dreamcast or PS2 in real-time. FF7 has nothing aesthetically pleasing in today's day and age, so its charm is rightfully earned by gameplay.

The game has some SERIOUSLY good storytelling. The worlds aren't lush or beautiful, but you still get into the game, because the dialog and story are very enticing.

I expected the game to be what I guess FF10 is. Extreme metro sexual, Japanofile characters and pure glam with little or no substance to the game. It's the opposite.

The materia system is very nice. It gives incentive to grind for something other than EXP. The characters can be customized big time with the system. By the end of the game, I had so much uber shit that I killed Sephiroth in less than 10 turns, and I was considered low level.

My party was Cid, Cloud, and Vincent.

One thing that I didn't get is Sephiroth. You see XxSephirothxX, Sephiroth2000, SephirothPwnz0rz, S3ph1r0th, and all that bullshit on any MMO or web forum. I didn't think he was badass at all. Sephiroth is a bitchy, whiny last boss. I didn't think he was awesome in any way.

I thought Cid was the most badass character, personally.
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Although I couldn't tell you what it's about today, I do recall it being a very awesome game back when I was into it. That one crazy move Sephiroth does at the end takes forever though, with the planets and crap.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

Very good story, but the one thing that got to me was how much Cloud got all depresed ALL the time. After flower girl dies I had the feeling he wasnt going to be all the more happy. Oh well. I think I was still in middle school when I played it last. I agree Cid and Vince were probubly the most kewl.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Kefka still wins as most badass boss ever.

EVER
There is no signature.
Tvspelsfreak
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

DJ Yoshi wrote:Kefka still wins as most badass boss ever.

EVER
Amen
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

I forget who is Kefka again?
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin