Any Summer Dev project plans?

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

Any Summer Dev project plans?

Post by Arce »

Got any ideas? Serious plans? Goals? Achievements? Fill us in here.

Also, anyone interested in helping on Front Line? That'd be kewl.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I plan on doing something over the summer. It all depends on how my work situation will go.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Arce

Post by Arce »

Same sit. as marauder, I presume? Trying to get a summer job?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I can get one. My previous employer wants me back. It's just that I don't want to. I really want to make money on my own somehow.
Arce

Post by Arce »

Ebay, bitches!!

Lollololol!

Seriously, reselling old shit, especially military lots, makes you TONS of cash.

But I'm guessing you're thinking more along the lines of software production or something like that for a small bussiness?

A friend of mine is payed to make and maintain a company site--He just updates it once a week and gets a full time job paycheck. Whatta douche!
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Relearning C/C++ plus learning C# so when I go back to school shit's easier. Maybe working on a project, maybe
There is no signature.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I got hired as Staples' PC Tech just yesterday.
Learning windows programming so, that while I do have a cursory knowledge of OGL, OGL/DX & other such things go easier.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I've heard that's a really good job that pays great, MarauderIIC. I wanted to work at that position myself but we don't have a Staples.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

I tell you what, I'm not used to reading my full alias at all. It's usually either mar, mara (don't like), maruader, or marauder =)

Start ~$7/hr... dunno bout great. Is par for entry level though.

CompUSA also does the same kind of thing, BestBuy (GeekSquad) too, check those out?
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

I applied for GeekSquad a few times, but they didn't hire me. JSL has serious job experience though, I've never even had a real job yet. I'm sure he'd have a great chance at it.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

MarauderIIC wrote:I tell you what, I'm not used to reading my full alias at all. It's usually either mar, mara (don't like), maruader, or marauder =)
Heheh, to be honest, I was too lazy to even think of how to appropriately address you and or spell your name so I just copy/pasted your name from your previous post.

But yeah, I'm trying to stay away from GeekSquad because of all the crap I keep hearing about it. As for BestBuy and the like... last I checked they aren't even hiring. I'll probably end up working fast food.... which I dislike the idea of. Very much. Probably because there's a guy in our town who goes to fast food joints and takes a shit in the middle of the bathroom floors. I know a Quiznoes worker who had the pleasure of cleaning up after him twice.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Do pizza.

Also they don't have to be hiring to be taking applications =)
Edit: Also, they hired me w/o having any professional repair experience. I mentioned that I'm the person that people come to to get comps fixed and that I built my own computer from scratch (they seemed impressed at that). I'm not certified, either. And Staples' pc tech position is only like 6 months old, too, so easier to get in.