split from ram-o-meter

This is a section with real-life examples of posts you shouldn't make.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

GyroVorbis wrote:Jesus christ. I am asking for a base function. I said that a base function wouldn't draw to the screen how much ram is left.
You obviously didn't state it too well the first time.
GyroVorbis wrote:And yeah, that was really negative towards you. You've never contributed anything useful or even anything about your own developments and here I am spilling everything to you guys, sharing, letting people in on what's going on in my game dev.
Spilling everything to me? Uhh... right. I could care less if you told me where exactly you are in some little project of yours. It's not exactly helping anybody either. In case you forgot, this is a secret forum. Ask yourself... who comes here and develops on the DC? Yeah.
GyroVorbis wrote:So yeah, I'm not going to lay off. I've already said a billion times that this is just stupid.
No problem. My first post was of the verification type. You couldn't handle it. It's no skin off my neck.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

JS Lemming wrote:
GyroVorbis wrote:Jesus christ. I am asking for a base function. I said that a base function wouldn't draw to the screen how much ram is left.
You obviously didn't state it too well the first time.
GyroVorbis wrote:And yeah, that was really negative towards you. You've never contributed anything useful or even anything about your own developments and here I am spilling everything to you guys, sharing, letting people in on what's going on in my game dev.
Spilling everything to me? Uhh... right. I could care less if you told me where exactly you are in some little project of yours. It's not exactly helping anybody either. In case you forgot, this is a secret forum. Ask yourself... who comes here and develops on the DC? Yeah.
GyroVorbis wrote:So yeah, I'm not going to lay off. I've already said a billion times that this is just stupid.
No problem. My first post was of the verification type. You couldn't handle it. It's no skin off my neck.
Uhm. Well... good. Then there should be no reason for you to tell me to lay off when I say you don't post here or act negative towards you. Like... because it's true?

It's not like I'm here saying "OMFG I W33L LET THEM IN ON TEH TOP SEcRET DEV!?!?1."

It's more like I'm doing a common courtesy of sharing my ideas, programs, and other stuff with fellow game developers who should at least have the courtesy to do the same.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

GyroVorbis wrote:Uhm. Well... good. Then there should be no reason for you to tell me to lay off when I say you don't post here or act negative towards you. Like... because it's true?
The problem lies in the "act negative" part. Believe it or not, I was trying to help up there. But I didn't know if there was a function that said how much memory is being used. I got the impression that there was not such a function because you said you just kept track of the amount of memory consumed yourself (like when loading files and such). There was NO reason for you to act negative toward me.
GyroVorbis wrote:It's more like I'm doing a common courtesy of sharing my ideas, programs, and other stuff with fellow game developers who should at least have the courtesy to do the same.
Common courtesy? So... you want me to show you the source code to my projects or something? I really don't see what you want from me. Do you want me to post everytime I make a new function? Just to keep you updated? What?
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

JS Lemming wrote:Common courtesy? So... you want me to show you the source code to my projects or something? I really don't see what you want from me. Do you want me to post everytime I make a new function? Just to keep you updated? What?
Well....Maybe you could for once tell us, at LEAST, what your working on? Last I heard, you were doing something SECRET and refuse to ever even speak of how or what your are doing.

You have never, and I mean NEVER, made a topic since you began DC deving in this form to share your knowledge, or even tell us what is going on with you and Deving.. As far as I can see, you're a knowledge leeching BASTARD who ONLY makes topics when YOU need help. As if I actually need to prove my point, below is EVERY topic made by you under DC dev:
JS L's SHIT wrote: DC Devkit _ (Useless topic made for unknown reason...)
DC Tutorials - (This ASKS for them, NOT tells of them)
PVR PNG Difficulties. - (Titles speaks for itself.)
Quicky DC Dev Questions - (Title..again)
Visualc++ Devkit??? - (Bitching because Gyro was slow sending YOU his goodz)
Coder's Cable creates game limits? - (ANOTHER question?)
PVR questions. (Ohh, MORE PVR bullshit?)
So, JS Lemming, what are you trying to prove? You have not contributed to the DC scene on this site in ANY way, and have gone around do nothing but bitching and asking questions for your own benefit.

Your first post in this topic was not helping in any way, and you're full of shit: Gyro was perfectly clear, even I conceived the meaning my first time through.

So, JS Lemming, I believe you need to STFU.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Wow Gyro. Posting as Marx in attempts to make it look like someone supports you. Pretty low.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's Arce. Note the img url:
http://www.thechaosrift.com/misc/Arce_Crap/A.PNG
Arce does this when he posts under someone else's account, but I can't ban everyone. *sigh* Easily fakeable though. So, to continue:
Last I heard, you were doing something SECRET and refuse to ever even speak of how or what your are doing.
Your instead of you're, a common Arce typo... Add to it, "your are" is what is written here -- extra word. GV does that? Not that I've noticed.
You have never, and I mean NEVER, made a topic since you began DC deving in this form
GV spells devving with two v's. Forum search proves.
GV is more careful, there's a misspell there, "form" instead of "forum"
what is going on with you and Deving..
Again, only one V. GV consistently spells devving with two. So this is a consistent spelling, rules out fast error.
Gyro was perfectly clear, even I conceived the meaning my first time through.
Failed attempt at higher vocabulary, the word is "perceived," not "conceived". I don't recall fixing GV's vocabulary before.

And as for the knowledge leeching thing, I hate to get into it, but IMO asking questions counts as contributing. Esp. if you post a question and then if you find the answer, post it too. If much more flaming goes on here, I'm going to split this out, so everybody cool down.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Thanks Mar. Nice detective work. My apologies Gyro. I have been pwned. I should have read more in depth (and known better). BTW.... I didn't see the "A" untill this afternoon. My guess is the Icracks at school couldn't load the image. But still, my fault. Sorry.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

heh.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Marx, change your password.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

HS too.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

I changed mine already.
A glitch?
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Thank you.