For People familiar with DC's NetBSD/Linux

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

cyrusdevx
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

For People familiar with DC's NetBSD/Linux

Post by cyrusdevx »

Hello people ^^
I'm new here and ill start out my first post with a introduction, then a little extra question I've been pondering.

So hello, my name is warren and i live in the USA. I'm 21 years young and i love to work with embedded electronics, and do my own hobbyist hardware for my own needs.
I also like to work on cars. like... i love cars or trucks^^. I've had a total of 11 vehicles since i was 15 xD. I payed so much for car stuff its ridiculous.

But my question:

I'm wondering if any users here that have used or are using NetBSD/Linux on your dreamcast? If so how well does it work for you? Also, if during your time using NetBSD/Linux was there any specific limitations?

The reason i ask is because I've always used PS2Linux, but i have a nice "development" retail DC i made so i can use SDcard and USB-Serial for KOS or SD / HDD for DS. But managing to run any gnu or bsd system has failed in the past on the DC.

Thanks,
Warren
ron.lievens
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: bindur.com
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Nintendo, Sega & PC
Programming Language of Choice: Java, JavaScript, C

Re: For People familiar with DC's NetBSD/Linux

Post by ron.lievens »

Sorry Warren, i can't help you directly.

But a friend of my patch FreeBSD for the orginal xbox, mayby he can help you.
His website is: http://www.nuxi.nl

His contact information is at the bottom of the page.

Greets Ron