Long Time no Seige

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Re: Long Time no Seige

Post by bbguimaraes »

hellknight wrote:
bbguimaraes wrote:
hellknight wrote:Is it normal to code most of the part of a game logic until you start to create artwork, spirte, backgrounds for your game and then it sucks cause you are a programmer not a designer. and then you start hating the world .... :P
I don't know if it's because I'm a die-hard programmer and don't care that much about art in games, but I've never had problems with programmer art. Besides, there is always plenty of free (or not-so-free-but-used-anyway (for non-commercial use, of course)) art on the internet...
yesterday I found a game called dwarf fortress or something like that................ i don't know how to play it.... lol :P
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/02/d ... -all-time/
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Dwarf Fortress sort of came out of the blue...
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

MarauderIIC wrote:Dwarf Fortress sort of came out of the blue...
I thought the same, but figured it was an interesting enough tangent not to call him out on it.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: