Server Side Practice

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Server Side Practice

Post by dandymcgee »

The password is for MySQL database authentication, it has nothing to do with who can access the server.
If the server is set to listen on 127.0.0.1 (localhost) then it can only be connected to from the local machine.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

If you're getting an Access Forbidden, check any applicable config files to make sure you are allowing access by the correct user group (probably a wide-open one).
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
Benjamin100
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Benjamin100 »

I looked in the files and I couldn't find where I was supposed to allow access.
I see the word "deny" written a lot, so I imagine that is part of the problem, but I hardly have an idea what any of it means.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Default allows access to all so just remove the .htaccess files or comment out the contents.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Benjamin100
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Benjamin100 »

Thanks.
I've been having trouble still getting it to work. so I decided to uninstall and install a new version of xampp. Now I get this error where it says there is not such file as "C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php" on line 2.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Benjamin100 wrote:Thanks.
I've been having trouble still getting it to work. so I decided to uninstall and install a new version of xampp. Now I get this error where it says there is not such file as "C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php" on line 2.
Clearly you're missing the file "C:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php" which is referenced on line 2 of the source of the page you were attempting to access. I would guess the uninstall wasn't all-inclusive and left some remnants behind. Hit me up on GChat if you want some real-time support.

If your only goal is to learn PHP, it doesn't really matter what server software you choose to use as long as you can get it to work. It's not until you decide to host a live website that these decisions begin to matter.