Problem with OpenGL accumulation buffer

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Problem with OpenGL accumulation buffer

Post by GroundUpEngine »

I have been messing around with basic effects in OpenGL, the effect I have had problems with is motion blur via the accumulation buffer. When I render transparent treetops and fog in the scene, then add a motion blurred object (different part of the scene) all the treetops seem to be unaffected by fog standing out with a darkened colour. :(

Accumulation buffer off:
Accumulation buffer on:
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: Problem with OpenGL accumulation buffer

Post by eatcomics »

GroundUpEngine wrote:I have been messing around with basic effects in OpenGL, the effect I have had problems with is motion blur via the accumulation buffer. When I render transparent treetops and fog in the scene, then add a motion blurred object (different part of the scene) all the treetops seem to be unaffected by fog standing out with a darkened colour. :(
Well that's strange. It seems to me that those trees give you all sorts of trouble xD Sorry to report that I have no experience with this OpenGL effect, so I'm absolutely useless.
GroundUpEngine
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: mixture
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by GroundUpEngine »

eatcomics wrote:It seems to me that those trees give you all sorts of trouble xD
:lol:
Project's pretty dead.. but I fixed the main problem being rendering the transparent part of the trees with techniques like manual Z sorting, but this problem is just another bug due to the limitations of either the API or my knowledge of the API. ;)
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

GroundUpEngine wrote:
eatcomics wrote:It seems to me that those trees give you all sorts of trouble xD
:lol:
Project's pretty dead.. but I fixed the main problem being rendering the transparent part of the trees with techniques like manual Z sorting, but this problem is just another bug due to the limitations of either the API or my knowledge of the API. ;)
Oh god. I thought since there were no responses that this was a relatively new thread. Need to check dates....