What language should I use in my cloud application?

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

THe Floating Brain
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: RTS possible Third Person shooter engine.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Wii, Xbox 360, GAME CUBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++, Python 3, C#

What language should I use in my cloud application?

Post by THe Floating Brain »

So, I foolishly entered my game engine into my school's science fair. The engine part is almost done (approximately one more dev night) however the project promises a cloud application. I was going to do this in Java but after much frustration, 2 memory leaks, and the appearance that the socket API just does not work well; I have decided to for the time being find the quickest dirtiest possible way to write a simple text editor that will store data on my website and have the ability to write and read from it. If I have time I would like to make it so multiple people can modify the same file. I have 3 weeks to do this, what is the best language (I know 19 languages I am just not familiar with their networking capabilities)/library to get this done in the amount of time I have. Normally I would take a lot of time to consider this but seeing as I am probably just going to re-write it anyway it is best to get it done fast.

P.s I know that I can make my point unclear sometimes, please feel free to ask me to re-phrase.

Thank you for reading

- The Floating Brain
"Why did we say we were going to say we were going to change the world tomorrow yesterday? Maybe you can." - Myself

ImageImage