[HELP] QTFuckery: QGLWidgets and QScrollArea

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

LeonBlade
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod
Current Project: Trying to make my first engine in C++ using OGL
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS3
Programming Language of Choice: C++

[HELP] QTFuckery: QGLWidgets and QScrollArea

Post by LeonBlade »

Hey guys,

I hate to ask too many questions, but I've run into a halt here and I'm a bit confused as to exactly what the hell is going on here... :x

Here is my toolkit thus far, please excuse the fact that it's not done... because it's not done ;)
Also, clicking on these images will open them up fully if you can't see them.
So basically you see everything looks just fine, but what if the map exceeds the area? Well, fear not, that's what the QScrollArea is for right?
Great, scrollbars appear to be working fine... but wait... the QGLWidget isn't moving... it's just staying in place while the scrollbars do their thing.

Now, here's the thing... The mouse is still mapped properly within the QScrollArea. What I mean is, the mouse translates with scrolling, but the QGLWidget does not. For example, if I added a cursor that mapped what tile you were on (I have to add that back in) and I scrolled down, it would be on the tile that it SHOULD be if the QGLWidget moved, but it doesn't move at all.

Now, I don't know if this was some change in the new Qt 4.7 update that happened since I last used 4.6, but it used to work absolutely fine, no code was changed at all and I received these bugs and more.

So do any of you Qt gurus out there know what the fix for this is? If you'd like to try this out yourself, here's what you can do...
1. Create a new Project.
2. Create a class that inherits the QGLWidget and add some code that will draw a quad or a point or something that follows your mouse.
3. Add a QScrollWidget to the main form.
4. Set the contents widget to the QGLWidget you created.

That's pretty much all that I have going on here, I'm pretty much stumped at this point, and I figured hopefully someone here can help me figure out what is going on.

Thanks.
There's no place like ~/