C++ Include Help

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

C++ Include Help

Post by Falco Girgis »

Hey guys. I finally compiled to a Dreamcast executable. There is only one problem though. I cannot compile programs that include KallistiOS(kos for short) I guess this is because I don't have 'kos' I downloaded a precompiled kos and I was confused as hell. It had so many freaking files. I doubt that all of that was kos. What is an include, an .exe? Is it just a .c or .cpp extension? Does it require additional files? PLEASE download kos here:
http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/f ... -1.2.0.rar
It isn't that big, so just delete it after you answer my question.

Look at it and tell me what I need to be able to include kos. By the way, KOS is an include that makes Dreamcast programming a hell of a lot easier. It has built in functions that take quite a load off of your back.

You'd better help JS LEMMING!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Jeeezzze, you guys act like I'm going to leave you hangin...

All a include file is, is text. It has an extension of ".h". Such as "ConsoleGoodz.h". I don't recomend using precompiled includes unless it is just neccesary.

How to add an include to your compilers list o includes... (actuall, if you put the include in the folder with your .cpp stuff, it also works... BUT since you will probably be using this for many other programs, follow these steps).

Locate and open the folder containing Dev-C++. Click the folder called "Include". Simply drag the .h file in there, and your compiler should recognize it from now on.

WOW, Dang... just downloaded that kos thing, thats a bunch of includes. Hmmm. I'm going to guess that you have to put the "kos-1.2.0" folder in the "Include" folder in the "Dev-C++" folder. Man! Hmm...

Now, open up Dev-C++. Go to "Options" then "Compiler Options". Check the box that says "Add the directory below to be searched for include files". Then type the location of the kos folder in the box. It may look something like "C:\Dev-C++\Include\kos-1.2.0". Click ok and then try to compile something using kos.

I really hope this works, its kinda hard to figure these things out without testing alot.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

O O O!!!!!!!

Thank E.