Triangle Fractal

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Yeah, I just had to defend myself so that I didn't look like a total dumbass.
You're absolutely right. XD
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

JS Lemming wrote:True, but come on! Pixels are better then lines!
And they're also usually a lot slower to draw. (IE, individual pixels vs a simple draw-this-line cmd.)
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I thought that line commands have to draw pixels themselves?
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

Yes, but in general they're optimized (via assembly). IE, an SDL or OpenGL draw-line function is faster than you saying, "draw pixel here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here...."
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.

Post by Guest »

I made a fractal nearly identical to that in quick basic back when I used that gayness...

The reason I was making a fractal in the first place was to deal with lines. :)

I wanted to to be like, take the first lines's top and bottom x and y, subtract them, divide them by 2, and soon, to make a smaller triangle. Then keep going using the newly generated lines and their top and bottom points.

Anyway, I got it, using my way and lines, to make the first triangle, and using all the lines and a bit of marauder's help, make the second one inside it. Then after a while of thinking about using 3 as a magical number to make the next three triangles and complete the loop, I decided I was getting off track and to continue on my soace game. :)
Last edited by Guest on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.