Programming Discussion: Read Before Posting

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Dr. House
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Programming Discussion: Read Before Posting

Post by Dr. House »

By posting in this forum, you are agreeing to the following terms. Failure to adhere to these terms may result in the deletion of your topic or gain you a slew of insults from myself or others who aren't in the mood for your ignorance.

This forum is here for those wishing to learn. This is not a replacement for Google. This is not us doing your homework for you. This is not for us spending hours to do what you're too lazy to do yourself. This is for those willing and able to learn.

1) Tell us what is wrong with your code. Don't you dare post a gigantic block and say "Oh noez, something is wrong." Because nobody cares, and nobody is going to help.

2) Don't ask for source code from GyroVorbis, Arce, or any member of their devteam. I've told people time and time again, it's a closed project, and no source will be released until they're ready.

3) Think. I know this one is hard. But reread your post. If it doesn't make sense, retype it, reword it, or do whatever you did to (hopefully) pass 3rd grade english. We aren't going to spend excessive amounts of time debugging your english along with your code.
Everybody Lies.
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Read Before Posting

Post by MarauderIIC »

If you're posting and asking for help, please also mark your topic as [SOLVED] when you figure out what the problem is. For bonus points, also explain what the actual problem and solution were (so that way we can just link to your post later when somebody else has the same problem).

To mark your topic [SOLVED], edit your original post and change the "Subject" line.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.