MVC++ Devvage

Whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer, any questions, help, or just talk of any language will be welcomed here.

Moderator: Coders of Rage

Arce
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick
Jealous Self-Righteous Prick

MVC++ Devvage

Post by Arce »

Aight....I've begun my deving in MVC++ a few days ago. So far, I've made a few apps, purely for the sake or learnnage, that serve little to no purpose.

My 1st app:
A little box with two buttons. Had its own icon. If you click one, a message says "Woot, MVC++ APP!!" (or something like that). Second button closes. Had its own icon, and 'About' window (displays the icon bigger and my info, date of program made, name of proggie, etc)

My 2nd App:
I got a little more into it. A window, with more controls. Had a message saying "This is an example of a MVC++ app w/ lotsa controls." (or something). Had an 'Enter message' Prompt, a 'Show Message', 'Default Message', and 'Clear Message' button. Show message made whatever you type in appear in a pop up window. then it had a 'run program' drop down, where you select some Windows apps (notepad, paint, solitair), and hit the 'Run Program' option to run them from their default locations. Then, it had 8 check boxes. "Enable Message Action", "Enable Program Action", "Show Message Action", and "Show Program Action". Then it had an exit button. Also, this one was my 1st one with a fully working Tab button and hotkeys. Also had the icon thingy and About screen.

My 3rd App:
Just an empty dialog window. You can use your mouse to lay pixels. Then, the buttons A, B and C change the cursor to different things (hourglass, I thingy, diagonal arrow) and the X button fixed the cursor and exits. Purpose was to deal with KB and Mouse input in MVC++ and to get a better grasp on passing/recalling binary flags.

4th App:
This one was made to practice/demonstrate timers. So you have a dialog box where you type in a time increment in millisecs, a button to start the timer, and a button to stop the timer. Then, you have 2 displays (demonstrating 2 timers) one of the is the time (HH:MM:SS) and the other is a counter for how many times the second timer has reached the increment value. Then, there's and exit buttons, and the About screen. Tab/hotkey compliant, too.

I'll post screenies some time if I'm not too lazy so you can wittness the glory.

Yeah, I'm redoing the whole Editor in C++. I got fed up with Blitz--I'm tired of spending countless hours trying to get around the weak language's barriers and inabilities; there comes a point when enough is enough. The reason I even began to use Blitz because I was under the false impression that it would be quicker and easier--Originally the editor wasn't going tot be my fulltime project. Now rewriting should go far more smoothly and be exponentially more professional as now it'll be done efficiently and in a powerful language that can actually do what I want it to. Also, features such as auto-updating WILL BE available, so it's going to be SOOO much less of a bitch for us all. =P