Live Stream #3 and Z-Transitioning

General discussion pertaining to Elysian Shadows, ESTk, ESGamma, and the Adventures in Game Development series.

Moderators: News Mods, Elysian Shadows Team

Live Stream #3 and Z-Transitioning

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue May 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Discussion topic for the following blog post pertaining to Z-Transitionals and our third official livestream, as promised. Dig in:

http://elysianshadows.com/dev/project/blogs/underlying-technology/107-elysian-shadows-live-stream-3-progress
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Image
User avatar
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
 
Posts: 10693
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 3:04 pm
Location: Studio Vorbis, AL

Re: Live Stream #3 and Z-Transitioning

Postby dandymcgee on Tue May 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Thanks! Patryk's artwork is extraordinary. Not to mention all that has been done for the toolkit and engine lately by the man himself ^.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: Live Stream #3 and Z-Transitioning

Postby bbguimaraes on Tue May 28, 2013 7:57 pm

That seems impressive, really fun to develop and a nightmare to get right, all at the same time!

I think I'm touching a... touchy spot, but how does the physics engine behave in regard to elevation? For example, if the is an object on the upper layer, does it collide only with other objects on that layer (even with the player on other layers)?

And I don't know why, but all the time I was thinking about those log-rolling, water-filling puzzles in Golden Sun... :mrgreen:
User avatar
bbguimaraes
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
 
Posts: 324
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:34 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Live Stream #3 and Z-Transitioning

Postby Falco Girgis on Tue May 28, 2013 8:30 pm

dandymcgee wrote:Not to mention all that has been done for the toolkit and engine lately by the man himself ^.
Why thank you, brohan. Looking forward to staying on my own level and continuing with our momentum.

bbguimaraes wrote:That seems impressive, really fun to develop and a nightmare to get right, all at the same time!
Yeah, that's pretty much how this last batch of features has been... They still need a little tweaking too.

bbguimaraes wrote:I think I'm touching a... touchy spot, but how does the physics engine behave in regard to elevation? For example, if the is an object on the upper layer, does it collide only with other objects on that layer (even with the player on other layers)?
That's not touchy at all. That all works exactly as you would expect it to. Colliders only interact with colliders on the same z-plane.

bbguimaraes wrote:And I don't know why, but all the time I was thinking about those log-rolling, water-filling puzzles in Golden Sun...
Damn, that sounds awesome. I need to play this game now.
"So what happens if the Elysian Shadows Kickstarter fails?"
Image
User avatar
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
 
Posts: 10693
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 3:04 pm
Location: Studio Vorbis, AL


Return to Elysian Shadows Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron