ps vita

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

ps vita

Postby hazem456 on Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:11 pm

can u i make ps vita games with elysian toolkit
hazem456
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: ps vita

Postby AaronGlazer on Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 pm

As it stands (well, as far as the public knows), no. Release is planned for Dreamcast, Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Android and OUYA.
AaronGlazer
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:10 am

AaronGlazer wrote:As it stands (well, as far as the public knows), no. Release is planned for Dreamcast, Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Android and OUYA.

The toolkit isn't necessarily limited to the systems that Elysian Shadows is targeting. Technically, if somebody ports libGyro to PS Vita then you could certainly use the toolkit to develop for it. I know at one point Falco was screwing with one of the Sony handhelds (PSP?), so it seems feasible. I don't know anything about the licensing or hardware limitations of the Vita, so there are other considerations to be made.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Postby AaronGlazer on Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:54 pm

dandymcgee wrote:
AaronGlazer wrote:As it stands (well, as far as the public knows), no. Release is planned for Dreamcast, Windows, OSX, Linux, iOS, Android and OUYA.

Technically, if somebody ports libGyro to PS Vita then you could certainly use the toolkit to develop for it. I know at one point Falco was screwing with one of the Sony handhelds (PSP?)

Yeah, I just meant that as far as we know, no Vita port is planned.

And yup, during the Revolution series (after chapter 16?) there was a PSP port but it was turned down by a vote at a convention or something in addition to there being performance issues (not to say that the Vita would have these problems too).
AaronGlazer
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Return to General/Off-Topic