A Post About Integrated Software Tools and Other Things

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

flsfr
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: GBA, PC, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C++

A Post About Integrated Software Tools and Other Things

Post by flsfr »

Hello Elysian Shadows' forum members (more specifically Falco and Patryk);

As a Backer, I noticed the usage of third-party software tools, such as Spine and Sprite Lamp, being integrated into the ES software pipeline. I'm wondering, have these tools been useful to you as a second-party and if you know of any more specific to game production?

Likewise, I found something called AutoTileGen, "an automatic tileset generator for 2D game terrains," and its "autotile tool" — AutoTileSet. Though I do not believe these two tools have a use case in ES production, I thought you both might appreciate the idea.

Also, may I ask, what software does the team use for project management?

Finally, I thought that (again) I would point out that the "Elysian Shadows Project" link on the rightmost side of the forums' navigation bar, top right-hand corner, is a dead link. While I'm at it, being able to sort [all] topics by the time of their last post would be nice. You used to be able to see all of the recent posts on the forums' footer.

I hope I have not sounded too insincere. :cry:

All the best,
An amphetamine user — flsfr.

*Edit: Switching to the 'voxel' board style under 'User Control Panel' > 'Board Preferences' solved the issue stated above that I had with these forums.
A philosophical game developer.
Personal Website
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: A Post About Integrated Software Tools and Other Things

Post by dandymcgee »

impetuousdanny is the web admin. I'm not sure how often he checks the forums. You could probably PM him about the project link. I checked the admin panel and I'm pretty sure that one's hard-coded, so I can't fix it.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: