Opinions

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Benjamin100
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Opinions

Post by Benjamin100 »

Ok.

Let me just try to get everyone's opinion on this;

Do you think there is a significant difference between the personalities and interests of men and women?

I think there is a significant difference between the interests of men and women.
That doesn't mean that a woman should be discouraged from going in to a field if she WANTS to,
but I think it could explain why certain fields have a different percentage of men/women.
(People constantly make the assumption that by saying that I see a general difference in interests, that I'm saying we should discourage those who don't fall into general interests for their sex. I'm not. I'm just speculating that this is the reason for the differences in careers.)
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Re: Opinions

Post by superLED »

I agree with you. Boys and girls get raced differently, and they look at their mother and father and watch the difference between them. A boy might get action figures, toy cars and such for their birthday, and girls might get dolls, princess costume and such.
There's a lot of factors that plays a role in their personal growth, as well as some expectations from society (watching movies as an example. In children movies, there's a huge distinction between boys and girls/men and women).

I think people are dumb if they think there's no line separating the two genders. It is totally natural that men and women can aim towards different careers.