Kaze makes me cry

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Kaze makes me cry

Post by dandymcgee »

http://indiegames.com/2014/06/elysian_s ... _pc_o.html
Kaze wrote:there's a really successful dreamcast emulator online that works really well, why would you own the hardware when it was such a massive flop? :V
Kaze wrote:Who has space for that in their house anyway? You'd have to be some hardcore fanatic to make room on your entertainment system for a gen 5 console, [...] because making backups of all my games and storing them on an external HDD that is roughly the size of a pocket journal is a lot more efficient than keeping 6 giant pieces of outdated hardware lying around.
Kaze wrote:I'm sure the 5 people who own a working dreamcast (because they break like glass) are thrilled.
Kaze wrote:Well good for you, I like to make the most of the space I have in this small apartment that I live in because I can afford it. You know, like most people my age who didn't inherit a fortune? :V
:cry:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Light-Dark
Dreamcast Developer
Dreamcast Developer
Current Project: 2D RPG & NES Platformer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES,SNES,N64,Genesis,Dreamcast,PC,Xbox360
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Re: Kaze makes me cry

Post by Light-Dark »

NES emulators aren't even 100% accurate and the NES came out over two decades ago; nothing beats original hardware. And is he seriously complaining about the Dreamcast taking up too much room?! He must live in a shoe closet.
<tpw_rules> LightDark: java is a consequence of inverse moore's law: every 18 months, the average program will be twice as slow. therefore, computers always run at the same percevied speed. java's invention was a monumental step
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

Kaze wrote:I pity your soul for being so irrationally blinded by nostalgia that you think it's any different in any way that matters.
Some men have nothing to live for.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Post by superLED »

I guess I should dump my old and huge comic book collection. You know, I can just download them from the net!
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

My dreamcast sits on it's own special pillow in my entertainment center. There's not been a better console since.