Congrats to the Elysian Shadows Team

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Congrats to the Elysian Shadows Team

Post by hurstshifter »

I just wanted to take a minute to say congrats to Falco and the entire ES team for making it to where they are right now. It seems like there are some very good things in store for you guys, and the Elysian Shadows project is finally getting the recognition it deserves. I joined this forum 5 years ago, but have been enjoying the AiGD videos for even longer than that. This community has helped me out on multiple occasions with programming problems, and it has just been a great group of people to chat with in general. When you all become rich and famous game developers, I'm going to look back fondly on the time spent here when it was just a handful of hobbyist programmers. I think I speak for most of us when I say that the ES team proves what anyone can accomplish when you dedicate yourself to your craft/art with all your heart.

Good luck with the upcoming Kickstarter. I can't wait to throw all my money at you!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Congrats to the Elysian Shadows Team

Post by dandymcgee »

Thanks for the kind words hurstshifter. I honestly couldn't agree more. I have been witness to some amazing achievements since I started following the ES team. Their work, and especially Falco's superhuman drive to succeed, has been a huge inspiration and a strong motivating force in my own life. I am as excited as anyone to watch history unfold in the upcoming months as the dream draws ever closer to a reality. I am honored to be a part of this community.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Post by superLED »

I bet Marcel is regretting being an asshole right now.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wow, guys, thanks so much... It truly means a lot to me...

Sorry for only now seeing this topic, you can't fathom how busy we have been lately. I'm serving my last week as an engineer in corporate America, I missed the first two weeks of the summer semester of grad school and am now doing assignments for classes I've never been to, been responding a neverending stream of PR emails, interviews, and questions, been trying to stay active on YouTube, been feeling the stress and pressure of quitting my job and accepting investor money when the entire success of our project is hinging on the success of our Kickstarter...

I'm stressed out as fuck, but I'm also excited as shit. I'm giving this my all, and it means a lot to know you guys support us.
mattheweston
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Breakout clone, Unnamed 2D RPG
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, XBOX360
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Post by mattheweston »

I would like to join everyone else in congratulating the ES team. If it wasn't for Falco's drive for excellence and motivation, I doubt you guys would be where you are today. You guys are a shining example to the whole community. Enjoy your time in the spotlight while it lasts, you deserve it.