SourceTree for Windows

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Nokurn
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, SNES, Dreamcast, PS2, N64
Programming Language of Choice: Proper C++

SourceTree for Windows

Post by Nokurn »

I got an email from Atlassian (the company behind Bitbucket) this morning about the release of the Windows port of their SourceTree frontend for Git/Hg. I've been waiting for this for a while, as I've used SourceTree extensively on the Mac since its initial release about a year and a half ago. I found it shortly after I began to feel dissatisfied with GitX. It's a really well designed application which has left me a bit spoiled--up until now I've actually tried to do most of my version control on Mac because I dislike TortoiseGit and using Git from the command line on Windows feels incredibly awkward. Not any more though!

You can download SourceTree at sourcetreeapp.com. I definitely recommend it to all users of Git or Mercurial--it's easy for beginners to use but doesn't limit intermediate users. Of course, if you're a Git power user with a totally customized terminal workflow, it's probably not for you.
BugInTheSYS
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Vintage Roads
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Delphi

Re: SourceTree for Windows

Post by BugInTheSYS »

Does this program have any features that GitExtensions does not have? I've been using that piece of software for a while now, and as far as I can tell from the screenshot, the only functionality this adds is tabbed browsing.
Someday, everything will go to /dev/null. - Bug's prophecy 13:37
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: SourceTree for Windows

Post by dandymcgee »

At first glance, I really like the interface. Seems clean and usable. I'm not much of a GUI user personally, but I'm sure there's someone here who will benefit from the post.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: