Professors who know everything

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

xXStillAVirgin69Xx
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Professors who know everything

Post by xXStillAVirgin69Xx »

CT230_Assignment_1.docx
(25.09 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
These requirements are still less rigid than those you are likely to encounter in industry. One of the goals of this course and the entire DWC program is to get you ready to work professionally in a professional environment. Remember your work represents you to your managers, fellow workers and eventual employees. Professionalism gets you a long way. Anything else gets you ignored and left behind.
I seriously can't stand professors who spend the entire class telling me about "The Real World" and "Industry" like they invented the field. I also don't understand some people's absurd obsession with PowerPoint and Word. I've been working in "The Industry" for nearly two years and never made or seen a single PowerPoint at work, and have only used Word a few times. There are many other ways to write useful documentation that don't revolve around auto-generated TOCs. I often find that those who speak like this tend to be less educated than a professor who respects his students as intelligent beings and aims to guide them rather than limit everyone to the confines of such exact specifications.
[/shitty teacher rant]
qpHalcy0n
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Re: Professors who know everything

Post by qpHalcy0n »

2 years is not very long.

Where do you work and what is your job title?