Social Network

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Web browser from scratch
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES, PSP, PS1 and 3
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Re: Social Network

Post by tappatekie »

Ok fair point.
Its not really an issue, but the speed in which the user gets the response is at least 200ms. The 200ms delay is on a seperate thread and not on the listener.
tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by tappatekie »

I have been working recently on a new site layout [VERY EARLY stages]. Can you please check it out and give me feedback on it's design.
It does not work with internet explorer fully yet, and I don't want criticism on the site code or the lack of content on the main banner.

It's at dasocial[dot]net/static/new.htm (Don't relink, I don't want bots)
And no, login does not work ;)

There is alot more design for the profile page to come, but can't show off since, well, you'l have to wait ;)

EDIT: Updated, I have now done the registration and login form for the template (which will not actually carry out the request). I have also added some validation code for the registration :P
tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by tappatekie »

I've decided to shutdown social for the time being until a brand new website takes it's place!
Site will go down 1st July 2012 until a date that is still in progress.
Because the site was rushed before, the styles of the whole site where inconsistent as well as being dull. I have alot of hopes and ideas for the new design.
tappatekie
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by tappatekie »

I have been busy developing the brand new site, which I think will completely change the you connect with people (secrets :D).

I have discarded the previous source code for social to start a fresh new code base and design which is more organized. If you guys want, I could PM you the C# source+html if you want, it is heavily commented and you are free to use for educational benefits.

I also wish to ask a question, I know that downloading and streaming music are pratically the same thing, how would I go about streaming multiple music files (1 after the other) from a c# server which dynamically selects which songs to put stream next to a web application (using jQuery and Javascript). I don't really want to use flash, but if I understand that I may have to.