OCD

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Thel
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

OCD

Post by Thel »

Anyone else have OCD? How does it affect you?

I have it really bad!
JarrodParkes
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Yes, iPhone Application(s)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: OCD

Post by JarrodParkes »

I'm not sure if I have ever labeled it OCD, but I do have an inclination to have things organized; however, I have gotten better about it the older I am getting. I used to halt all progress in school and work until things were neat and in order, but recently I have found it enlightening and enjoyable to not worry so much about the small details. I think the "OCD'ed-ness" still plays a role in my coding style. Which can both be a blessing and a curse, but like all things I am trying to work through them and look on to larger goals. Staying focused has never been a problem :) .
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

I'm OCD about a few things. I've found that mild OCD actually ends up being my motivation to do the mundane things in life like make my bed every morning the moment I wake up, wash the kitchen counters when they're dirty even if it's not my mess (I have 3 roommates). Aside from that I occasionally do things like count stairs as I walk up them, and get momentarily annoyed when there's an odd amount and my left foot hits 8 stairs while my right only 7. Or alternate stepping on cracks with left / right foot to keep things "even". There are other stupid things, a lot to do with the number 4, that I'm sure you can read about somewhere. Most of time I find I can easily ignore those tendencies, so they don't affect me nearly as much as perhaps they do someone else.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by k1net1k »

I read your post 1,111,111 times before replying
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

k1net1k wrote:I read your post 1,111,111 times before replying
Damn, you're a fast reader, fast reader, fast reader, fast reader.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted: