Sprint really did me good.

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

StoveBacon
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC Xbox360 SNES N64
Programming Language of Choice: c++

Sprint really did me good.

Post by StoveBacon »

So after my 2 year upgrade was up, I thought, hmmm, why don't I get an evo 3D. So I did.
It was working all good, and I didn't notice anything wrong, other than "swype" not working, which just required some playing around to fix.
But the next day, the phone started spazzing out. (almost identical to this)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIrmLOTiUZk
And at this point, I can use it for only about 10 minutes at a time before it picks up the shit again.
I tried downloading a virus scanner in hopes that it would fix it, but to no avail.
so after looking online, most people that had the problem said that they just needed to get it replaced because it was a faulty piece of hardware.
I went to the local radioshack (where we bought it from) and they said (and you guys should get a kick out of this one) "It was the virus scanner app. They mess with the operating system. Android phones can't get viruses anyways, so there's no point in having it anyways."
(at the time, the phone wasn't acting up, of course)
so they basically stuck their middle fingers up at me and said to fuck off.
Now, I managed to get video of it, and I'm going to head back and get a damn replacement phone.
On the bright side, the Evo 3D is fantastic. The 3D camera and stuff are cool.
I just though I'd share my story with everyone.
SeaNanners wrote:"I shall be Vince Bonesteel and you will be....Rick McLightning!"
Day[9] wrote:"Read a book to children. Mass genocide. Lunch. The life of Dr. Seuss himself."
Obscurity
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: Sprint really did me good.

Post by Obscurity »

The Android OS is SUPPOSED to be "open source," but Google's very anti-open source with it. They actually bought out Samsung 100% this past August. Quite potentially as a move to prevent any "copyright/intelligence infringements" with the APIs.