Moosader's Videos and Tutorials

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

TheIrishPhilosopher
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: ASP.NET (work related)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amstrad 464+, Gameboy, PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: c#

Moosader's Videos and Tutorials

Post by TheIrishPhilosopher »

So here I am, 05:31 in the morning in Ireland...I can't sleep, so I head downstairs and flick on the laptop

Started going through Moosader's videos on Youtube, and they are fantastic!, I had never used Allegro before - but the videos ease you in, her website also has the written forms of
all the tutorials on youtube. The presentations are full of character, and are a delight to watch, a great resource.

Thanks Moosader
Life is essentially about exploring, finding our way through a maze of faces, ideas..and different beers!
Kyosaur
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PS2,PS3,NDS
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: Moosader's Videos and Tutorials

Post by Kyosaur »

TheIrishPhilosopher wrote:So here I am, 05:31 in the morning in Ireland...I can't sleep, so I head downstairs and flick on the laptop

Started going through Moosader's videos on Youtube, and they are fantastic!, I had never used Allegro before - but the videos ease you in, her website also has the written forms of
all the tutorials on youtube. The presentations are full of character, and are a delight to watch, a great resource.

Thanks Moosader
Her videos helped me a lot when i was getting into game development :D. Now that im more into software i just watch it because she's an awesome coder/person (I still learn some things from time to time, so thats another +).

I like supporting people from this community (games/coding is what i love, mixing them together in a vid just makes it more sweet). It kind of feels like we're all friends :P.
TheIrishPhilosopher
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: ASP.NET (work related)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Amstrad 464+, Gameboy, PS3, PC
Programming Language of Choice: c#

Post by TheIrishPhilosopher »

Yeah, its actually a really profound thing, the willfull sharing of knowledge, to want to help give others the 'leg up' on the development ladder.
Moosander has a really engaging teaching style and an obvious passion for what she does.

In the short time I've engaged in this forum, I've read a lot of posts which point the beginner to a whole different world of development.

Something Im personally very gratefull for that
Life is essentially about exploring, finding our way through a maze of faces, ideas..and different beers!
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Thanks, guys, that really means a lot.

Right now my tutorials have been on a bit of a hiatus due to a real lack of good video creation software (I tend to go with free stuff if at all possible), so I'm still looking around before continuing with those.

I don't know if you guys are aware, but I've been transitioning away from the LusikkaMage channel on YouTube and I'm trying to update more regularly here: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach

Derp, and I recognize you TheIrishPhilosopher. Hopefully the IRC is also a helpful place to get infoes.