DragonCon 2011

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: DragonCon 2011

Post by Trask »

Well your costumes looked great... what were the favorite cosplays that you saw there? Did you guys run into any ES fans by chance?
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
TheBuzzSaw
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Paroxysm
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by TheBuzzSaw »

Shoulda gone as characters from Elysian Shadows... :mrgreen:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Trask wrote:Well your costumes looked great... what were the favorite cosplays that you saw there?
I have a picture with a really badass Squall from FF8 (holding his gunblade). Something about the Hero from DQ8 and Squall from FF8 makes me smile...
Trask wrote:Did you guys run into any ES fans by chance?
lol, hell no. Believe it or not, we aren't actually very popular outside of the internet (yet). ;)
Crono84
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Crono84 »

GyroVorbis wrote:
Trask wrote:Well your costumes looked great... what were the favorite cosplays that you saw there?
I have a picture with a really badass Squall from FF8 (holding his gunblade). Something about the Hero from DQ8 and Squall from FF8 makes me smile...
Trask wrote:Did you guys run into any ES fans by chance?
lol, hell no. Believe it or not, we aren't actually very popular outside of the internet (yet). ;)
Actually you got one, I just didn't notice you since I was trying to catch you in the Marriott and couldn't because of the crowd. I didn't know it was you until I saw your photo on Kotaku while checking to see any good costumes I might have missed.

I've trolled this board for a very, very long time reading over people's experiences and eventually planned on joining once the current project I'm working on kicks off(after we get back to Alabama tomorrow), but seeing that made me go ahead and register a bit early.

So if I would have caught up you would have had at least one fanboy rambling about how the AiGD series has been a huge inspiriation.
k1net1k
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by k1net1k »

haha nice
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Crono84 wrote:So if I would have caught up you would have had at least one fanboy rambling about how the AiGD series has been a huge inspiriation.
Well damn, dude. Too bad you didn't say anything. I made sure to have my Macbook with our Engine/LibGyro/Toolkit source code and all of our music/art at the hotel room for any fans who wanted a sneak peak.

Welcome to the forums, btw. I feel like I remember talking to you on Youtube (with a similar username) on some of the videos before...

...I'll just leave this here...
Crono84
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Crono84 »

I visited a few of the panels designed around getting into the industry and what not, and all I have to say is that they could have used some better speakers. You guys should have checked into that since most of what they said is what you mentioned in your introductory videos lol.

I saw you leaving the hotel I believe and told a friend I was with "Thats the DQ8 main character I gotta get a picture", and once it seemed like we wasn't going to catch up, I said I'd see you later on. Which was me only having been to smaller Cons with maybe 10k people at best there as I never saw you or even people I work with over the length of the entire convention.

It would have been awesome to have gotten a sneak peak at what you guys have been working on all this time though. Oh well guess I'll wait with everyone else for episode 18 :) And I'll leave with a pic of one of my favorite costumes I ran across. (Taken with a first gen iPhone 3 :( )