Fullscreen problems

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Fullscreen problems

Post by superLED »

Hello folks!

Recently, I hooked up my old screen to my computer with a normal RGB-cable(or what it's called. That standard cable to connect a screen to a computer), and hooked up my newest screen with a HDMI-cable.
This way, I am able to use two screens at the same time.

It works perfectly until I run a program that is in fullscreen mode. The newest screen (connected with a HDMI-cable) disconnects and give me the text "NO HDMI SIGNAL". Then I have to restart my computer to get it on again.

What should I do to avoid this problem?
The screen is from BenQ. I run Windows 7 32bit.. Do you need more info to figure the problem?

I would be really happy if someone could help me with this one.
Trask
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: Building a 2D Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Sega Genesis and Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C/C++

Re: Fullscreen problems

Post by Trask »

First thought that comes to mind is that the application is launching in a resolution that is unsupported by new screen. Is the new screen an actual monitor or a TV? TVs can be picky about what resolution its using. Trying launching the app on your VGA monitor and set the resolution to something standard like 1280x720 or 640x480, then close the app, reconnect your hdmi screen as the default screen and see if it launches.
MarauderIIC wrote:You know those people that are like "CHECK IT OUT I just made Linux run on this piece of celery [or other random object]!!"? Yeah, that's Falco, but with ES.
Dear god, they actually ported ES to a piece of celery!
Martin Golding wrote: "Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
superLED
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior
Current Project: Engine
Favorite Gaming Platforms: N64
Programming Language of Choice: C++, PHP

Re: Fullscreen problems

Post by superLED »

It is a normal PC screen. But I will try what you said anyway. Thanks, and let's hope it'll work :3