The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Winawer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Arce wrote:I would love to, though I'm quite confident I won't put up much a challenge. :P

Winawer, on the other hand, I'd love to see. If you can get him to post here, that would be a lot of fun.


You just want to see me get crushed :P
Winawer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:59 pm

I can hear it now, "The epic battle is about to begin. Winawer against the defending chess champion. Our Best against The Best. Who.. will.. take home the gold? Find out.. after this commercial break."
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Winawer on Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:48 pm

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2010.07.19"]
[White "M_D_K"]
[Black "SWinawer"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "753"]
[BlackElo "1839"]
[TimeControl "30|0"]
[Termination "SWinawer won by checkmate"]

1.e4 e6 2.Nc3 d5 3.Nge2 d4 4.Nd5 exd5 5.Nxd4 dxe4 6.Bb5+ c6 7.Nxc6 Nxc6 8.d4 Qa5+ 9.c3 Qxb5 10.a4 Qc4
11.b3 Qxc3+ 12.Bd2 Qd3 13.Qb1 Qxb1+ 14.Rxb1 Nxd4 15.O-O Nf6 16.Rbc1 Ne2+ 17.Kh1 Nxc1 18.Bxc1 Bd6 19.Bg5 O-O 20.Rd1 Be5
21.Bxf6 Bxf6 22.f3 Bf5 23.fxe4 Bxe4 24.Rd6 Rad8 25.Rc6 Rd1# 0-1

http://www.chess.com/livechess/game.html?id=37252101
Winawer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:46 pm

Avansc, Eatcomics, Arti, and Jaus?
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby eatcomics on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:53 am

I may have to drop out, kidna busy, and I'll be going on vacation in a few days. Maybe you can put that one guy who wanted in in my spot?
Image
User avatar
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:54 pm

One of the most fun games I've had in a long time. Note the non-standard openings. Our position was the result of long thinks. ;p

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2010.07.28"]
[White "ray1958"]
[Black "TheArce"]
[Result "0-1"]
[WhiteElo "1351"]
[BlackElo "1363"]
[TimeControl "20|0"]
[Termination "TheArce won by checkmate"]

1.g3 e5 2.Bg2 d5 3.d3 Bc5 4.Qd2 Ne7 5.b4 Bd6 6.a3 c5 7.Bb2 cxb4 8.axb4 Nec6 9.b5 Ne7 10.Qg5 O-O
11.Bxe5 f6 12.Bxf6 Rxf6 13.Ra4 Bd7 14.Bxd5+ Nxd5 15.Qxd5+ Kh8 16.Qxb7 Na6 17.Rxa6 Rb8 18.Qxa7 Bxb5 19.Ra2 Bxd3 20.Nd2 Be4
21.f3 Bb4 22.c3 Bxc3 23.fxe4 Rb1# 0-1


Critiques? This game had some of the most trap-lines I've seen in a long while. I was very happy that I was able to gambit away my material for a successful win. Thus is the power of activated pieces! +D

Short, sweet, and so damned full of mistakes. XD
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:06 pm

[Event "Live Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2010.10.13"]
[White "TheArce"]
[Black "vallivalt"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "1358"]
[BlackElo "1499"]
[TimeControl "20|0"]
[Termination "TheArce won by checkmate"]

1.e4 c5 2.c3 e6 3.d4 cxd4 4.cxd4 Qa5+ 5.Nc3 Nf6 6.Qc2 Nc6 7.Be3 Bb4 8.Bc4 Bxc3+ 9.bxc3 Nxe4 10.Ne2 Nf6
11.O-O Qh5 12.Nf4 Qf5 13.Bd3 Qa5 14.c4 Qc7 15.a3 b6 16.d5 Ne5 17.Qa4 Nxd3 18.Nxd3 exd5 19.Bf4 Qc6 20.Rfe1+ Kf8
21.Qb4+ Kg8 22.Ne5 Qc5 23.Qa4 dxc4 24.Rad1 Qa5 25.Qxc4 Qxa3 26.Qxf7# 1-0

I haven't played in a very, very long time (no time! =[) but here we are! This is a game between me and a played rated 1512 (before our game, that is). I thought this game was interesting, as he retained an advantage of a few pawns the entire game, yet I dominated in position. Also, note his many tries to trade queens (almost 4 distinct moves with no other focus). This is poor play on his part. Both of our openings were pretty shabby imo, and he did miss a few moves (at 15, he could have Nxd4, gaining another pawn and breaking up my position).

I'm not quite sure if his opening was actually legitimate...It started off as the sicilian vs. c3 sicilian, but ended up with something that felt more like the scandinavian (with is queen on the black diagonal). I didn't know how to combat this at all, so played it by ear. 6 was my highly experimental move, and I think it ended up very strong in this position. Does anybody else have an opinion on the matter? At first it looks odd, but I think it may have been essential for my superior development.

Looking back, he feels like a weaker player than I'd originally thought...But I still very much enjoyed this game. Let me know what you think!
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Winawer on Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:28 pm

6. Qc2 is probably not that bad, but developing a minor piece seems more logical.
8. Bc4? looks like a mistake to me.
8...Nxe4! looks stronger than Bxc3+.
11...Qh5 and 12...Qf5 seem to just waste moves, black could have used this time improving his position.
15. a3? wasn't very good, 15...Nb4 looks scary, but allowing it would have been a lesser evil.
15...b6?! is a solid move, but as you pointed out, Nxd4 is stronger, although white still has some attacking chances.
16. d5 is probably inaccurate, because after 16...Ne5 white doesn't seem to have any good plans.
17. Qa4?? is a blunder.
17...Nxd3? and black returns the favor. 17...g5 wins a piece.
19...Qc6 black seems desperate to trade queens, the materialistic 19...Qxc4 is an option worth considering.
23. Qa4 tries to keep the pressure on, but ideas involving Ng4 seem interesting as well.
24. Rad1? is a mistake. Black is now given time to consolidate his lead in material. Instead, Nxc4 with the idea of planting the knight on d6 seems like a better plan.
24...Qa5??? black goes full retard and loses the game. 24...d5 looks winning for black (b5 is probably also winning).
25...Qxa3?? walks into a mate, but black is already in a hopeless position.

Black never seemed to have any kind of plan. After winning the pawn he just seemed to shuffle his queen around waiting for you to kill him.
Winawer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby N64vSNES on Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:08 am

I'd so kick your AmazingArce at this game!
N64vSNES
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
 
Posts: 657
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:25 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:06 pm

Image

This one is pretty well known I think. I haven't listened to/watched the video; my suggestion is to hit play and pause the video to evaluate the position
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


And this one is not for the faint of heart:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)


For those looking to improve, at any skill level, the best teaching programs I have experienced so far:
http://chessmasterschool.com/
http://chessuniversity.com/

As always, if anybody from the forums would like to play chess or any chess variant, please let me know!
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:10 pm

Unfortunately, I only had ~25 seconds left on the clock when I blundered the game... But I am proud of an otherwise hard fought "win" (41. kg3 is clearly winning with queen protecting f3)

[Time control 15/10, opponent 1670]
https://www.chess.com/live/game/1850407465

Edit: Here's the automated analysis of the game:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Strength White Black
Excellent 26 23
Good 6 9
Inaccuracy (?!) 3 5
Mistake (?) 3 2
Blunder (??) 3 2
Forced 0 0
Avg. Diff 0.63 0.50
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nge7 4. O-O
C60: Ruy Lopez Opening: Cozio Defense, 4.O-O
a6 5. Ba4 b5 6. Bb3 g6 7. Ng5 d5 8. Qf3MISTAKE (-0.06) The best move was 8. exd5
(8. exd5(+1.50) Nd4 9. d6 Nxb3 10. Qf3 Nf5 11. Qd5 Nxd6 12. axb3 Qxg5)
8... f5 9. exd5 Na5MISTAKE (+2.17) The best move was 9... Nd4
(9... Nd4(-0.14) 10. Qd1 Nxd5 11. Nc3 Nxb3 12. axb3 Qxg5 13. Nxd5 Bb7 14. Qf3)
10. Ne6MISTAKE (-0.05) The best move was 10. d6
(10. d6(+2.27) Nxb3 11. axb3 Rb8 12. dxe7 Bxe7 13. h4 O-O 14. b4 Bb7)
10... Bxe6 11. dxe6 Nxb3INACCURACY (+0.74) A better move was 11... Nec6
(11... Nec6(+0.10) 12. c3 e4 13. Qe3 Nxb3 14. axb3 Qd5 15. d4 exd3 16. c4)
12. cxb3INACCURACY (-0.21) A better move was 12. axb3
(12. axb3(+0.47) Qd5 13. Qxd5 Nxd5 14. Nc3 Nxc3 15. bxc3 Ke7 16. d4 Kxe6)
12... Bg7 13. Nc3 O-O 14. d3 Qd6 15. Re1 Qxe6 16. Bf4 Qc6INACCURACY (+0.41) A better move was 16... Rad8
(16... Rad8(-0.69) 17. Rac1 Rd7 18. Qe3 Nc6 19. Qc5 Rfd8 20. Ne2 exf4 21. Qxc6)
17. Bxe5 Qxf3 18. gxf3 Nc6 19. Bxg7 Kxg7 20. Nd5 Nd4 21. Re7+INACCURACY (-0.58) A better move was 21. Nxc7
(21. Nxc7(+0.60) Nxf3+ 22. Kf1 Nxe1 23. Kxe1 Rae8+ 24. Nxe8+ Rxe8+ 25. Kd2 Kf6)
21... Rf7 22. Rxf7+ Kxf7 23. Nxc7 Rc8INACCURACY (+0.48) A better move was 23... Ra7
(23... Ra7(-0.83) 24. Nd5 Rd7 25. Nb6 Rd6 26. Na8 Nxf3+ 27. Kg2 Ne5 28. Rc1)
24. Nxa6 Nxf3+ 25. Kg2 Ne5INACCURACY (+1.59) A better move was 25... Nd4
(25... Nd4(+0.83) 26. Nb4 Ke7 27. Re1+ Kd6 28. Kg3 Rc7 29. a3 Nxb3 30. Re8)
26. d4 Nd3 27. a4 bxa4 28. bxa4 Nxb2 29. Nb4BLUNDER (-0.65) The best move was 29. Nc5
(29. Nc5(+1.86) Ra8 30. a5 Nc4 31. a6 Ke7 32. Kf3 g5 33. Ra4 Nd6)
29... Rc4 30. Ra2INACCURACY (-1.81) A better move was 30. Nd5
(30. Nd5(-0.39) Nxa4 31. Rd1 Ke6 32. Nf4+ Kd6 33. Ne2 Rc2 34. Ra1 Rxe2)
30... Rxb4 31. a5 Nc4 32. a6 Nb6 33. a7 Na8 34. d5 Rd4INACCURACY (-0.40) A better move was 34... Ke7
(34... Ke7(-1.87) 35. Ra6 Rb6 36. Ra5 Kd6 37. h4 Rb3 38. Ra6+ Kxd5 39. h5)
35. Ra5MISTAKE (-1.86) The best move was 35. Rb2
(35. Rb2(-0.25) Rg4+ 36. Kh3 Ra4 37. Rb7+ Kf6 38. f4 Ra3+ 39. Kg2 Ra6)
35... Ke7 36. Rb5 Kd6BLUNDER (+0.64) The best move was 36... Ra4
(36... Ra4(-1.95) 37. Rb7+ Kd6 38. Rxh7 Nb6 39. Rh6 Nxd5 40. Rxg6+ Ke5 41. Rg8)
37. Rb8 Nc7 38. Rd8+ Ke5MISTAKE (+3.48) The best move was 38... Kc5
(38... Kc5(+1.25) 39. Rc8 Rg4+ 40. Kf3 Kxd5 41. Rxc7 Ra4 42. Rxh7 g5 43. Rf7)
39. Rc8BLUNDER (+0.91) Missed win! The best move was 39. f4+
(39. f4+(+3.72) Kxf4 40. d6 Rd2+ 41. Kf1 Na8 42. Rxa8 Rxd6 43. Re8 Rd1+)
39... Nxd5BLUNDER (+7.29) The best move was 39... Ra4
(39... Ra4(+1.13) 40. Rxc7 h6 41. Rd7 Ra3 42. h4 Ra2 43. Kf3 g5 44. hxg5)
40. a8=Q Nf4+ 41. Kf1BLUNDER (MATE IN 1) From winning to losing. The best move was 41. Kg3
(41. Kg3(+8.01) Kf6 42. f3 Nh5+ 43. Kf2 Kg5 44. Qb7 Rd2+ 45. Ke3 Rd6)
41... Rd1#
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby eatcomics on Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:15 pm

Arce wrote:Unfortunately, I only had ~25 seconds left on the clock when I blundered the game... But I am proud of an otherwise hard fought "win" (41. kg3 is clearly winning with queen protecting f3)

[Time control 15/10, opponent 1670]
https://www.chess.com/live/game/1850407465

Edit: Here's the automated analysis of the game:

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)
Strength White Black
Excellent 26 23
Good 6 9
Inaccuracy (?!) 3 5
Mistake (?) 3 2
Blunder (??) 3 2
Forced 0 0
Avg. Diff 0.63 0.50
1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Nge7 4. O-O
C60: Ruy Lopez Opening: Cozio Defense, 4.O-O
a6 5. Ba4 b5 6. Bb3 g6 7. Ng5 d5 8. Qf3MISTAKE (-0.06) The best move was 8. exd5
(8. exd5(+1.50) Nd4 9. d6 Nxb3 10. Qf3 Nf5 11. Qd5 Nxd6 12. axb3 Qxg5)
8... f5 9. exd5 Na5MISTAKE (+2.17) The best move was 9... Nd4
(9... Nd4(-0.14) 10. Qd1 Nxd5 11. Nc3 Nxb3 12. axb3 Qxg5 13. Nxd5 Bb7 14. Qf3)
10. Ne6MISTAKE (-0.05) The best move was 10. d6
(10. d6(+2.27) Nxb3 11. axb3 Rb8 12. dxe7 Bxe7 13. h4 O-O 14. b4 Bb7)
10... Bxe6 11. dxe6 Nxb3INACCURACY (+0.74) A better move was 11... Nec6
(11... Nec6(+0.10) 12. c3 e4 13. Qe3 Nxb3 14. axb3 Qd5 15. d4 exd3 16. c4)
12. cxb3INACCURACY (-0.21) A better move was 12. axb3
(12. axb3(+0.47) Qd5 13. Qxd5 Nxd5 14. Nc3 Nxc3 15. bxc3 Ke7 16. d4 Kxe6)
12... Bg7 13. Nc3 O-O 14. d3 Qd6 15. Re1 Qxe6 16. Bf4 Qc6INACCURACY (+0.41) A better move was 16... Rad8
(16... Rad8(-0.69) 17. Rac1 Rd7 18. Qe3 Nc6 19. Qc5 Rfd8 20. Ne2 exf4 21. Qxc6)
17. Bxe5 Qxf3 18. gxf3 Nc6 19. Bxg7 Kxg7 20. Nd5 Nd4 21. Re7+INACCURACY (-0.58) A better move was 21. Nxc7
(21. Nxc7(+0.60) Nxf3+ 22. Kf1 Nxe1 23. Kxe1 Rae8+ 24. Nxe8+ Rxe8+ 25. Kd2 Kf6)
21... Rf7 22. Rxf7+ Kxf7 23. Nxc7 Rc8INACCURACY (+0.48) A better move was 23... Ra7
(23... Ra7(-0.83) 24. Nd5 Rd7 25. Nb6 Rd6 26. Na8 Nxf3+ 27. Kg2 Ne5 28. Rc1)
24. Nxa6 Nxf3+ 25. Kg2 Ne5INACCURACY (+1.59) A better move was 25... Nd4
(25... Nd4(+0.83) 26. Nb4 Ke7 27. Re1+ Kd6 28. Kg3 Rc7 29. a3 Nxb3 30. Re8)
26. d4 Nd3 27. a4 bxa4 28. bxa4 Nxb2 29. Nb4BLUNDER (-0.65) The best move was 29. Nc5
(29. Nc5(+1.86) Ra8 30. a5 Nc4 31. a6 Ke7 32. Kf3 g5 33. Ra4 Nd6)
29... Rc4 30. Ra2INACCURACY (-1.81) A better move was 30. Nd5
(30. Nd5(-0.39) Nxa4 31. Rd1 Ke6 32. Nf4+ Kd6 33. Ne2 Rc2 34. Ra1 Rxe2)
30... Rxb4 31. a5 Nc4 32. a6 Nb6 33. a7 Na8 34. d5 Rd4INACCURACY (-0.40) A better move was 34... Ke7
(34... Ke7(-1.87) 35. Ra6 Rb6 36. Ra5 Kd6 37. h4 Rb3 38. Ra6+ Kxd5 39. h5)
35. Ra5MISTAKE (-1.86) The best move was 35. Rb2
(35. Rb2(-0.25) Rg4+ 36. Kh3 Ra4 37. Rb7+ Kf6 38. f4 Ra3+ 39. Kg2 Ra6)
35... Ke7 36. Rb5 Kd6BLUNDER (+0.64) The best move was 36... Ra4
(36... Ra4(-1.95) 37. Rb7+ Kd6 38. Rxh7 Nb6 39. Rh6 Nxd5 40. Rxg6+ Ke5 41. Rg8)
37. Rb8 Nc7 38. Rd8+ Ke5MISTAKE (+3.48) The best move was 38... Kc5
(38... Kc5(+1.25) 39. Rc8 Rg4+ 40. Kf3 Kxd5 41. Rxc7 Ra4 42. Rxh7 g5 43. Rf7)
39. Rc8BLUNDER (+0.91) Missed win! The best move was 39. f4+
(39. f4+(+3.72) Kxf4 40. d6 Rd2+ 41. Kf1 Na8 42. Rxa8 Rxd6 43. Re8 Rd1+)
39... Nxd5BLUNDER (+7.29) The best move was 39... Ra4
(39... Ra4(+1.13) 40. Rxc7 h6 41. Rd7 Ra3 42. h4 Ra2 43. Kf3 g5 44. hxg5)
40. a8=Q Nf4+ 41. Kf1BLUNDER (MATE IN 1) From winning to losing. The best move was 41. Kg3
(41. Kg3(+8.01) Kf6 42. f3 Nh5+ 43. Kf2 Kg5 44. Qb7 Rd2+ 45. Ke3 Rd6)
41... Rd1#

My 1200 score is probably not significant enough to warrant a match, otherwise I'd be down sometime. I really need to dedicate some time to getting better instead of having an interest for a few days then moving on.
Image
User avatar
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 2664
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Illinois

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Involved with a tournament through the chess university program. Proud to say all wins so far :) Time controls are 3 days/move. Atleast 10 games still in progress for me. Will post as they resolve.

TheArce (1479) vs ClairSFO (1448)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407636

RalighNat (1594) vs TheArce (1542)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407774

ClairSFO (1421) vs TheArce (1616)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407770

TheArce (1595) vs SmurfMacaw (1630)

Any questions/comments/critiques?
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby dandymcgee on Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Arce wrote:Involved with a tournament through the chess university program. Proud to say all wins so far :) Time controls are 3 days/move. Atleast 10 games still in progress for me. Will post as they resolve.

TheArce (1479) vs ClairSFO (1448)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407636

RalighNat (1594) vs TheArce (1542)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407774

ClairSFO (1421) vs TheArce (1616)
https://www.chess.com/daily/game/153407770

TheArce (1595) vs SmurfMacaw (1630)

Any questions/comments/critiques?

How do they prevent people from using the aid of a computer at a rate of 3 days/move? It's it just an honor system? The fear of being shunned out of the community is enough? I've always wondered that.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
User avatar
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
 
Posts: 4911
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:24 pm
Location: New Hampshire

Re: The Official "I WILL RAPEZ YOU AT CHESS!!!!!" Topic

Postby Arce on Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:29 am

How do they prevent people from using the aid of a computer at a rate of 3 days/move? It's it just an honor system? The fear of being shunned out of the community is enough? I've always wondered that.


No, the fear of being shunned is not enough. I've seen several forum posts about people accused of using computers during their games. This results in low reputation, inability to compete in later tournaments, a hard time finding an opponent who doesn't immediately "abort" the game against you, etc.

In regards to the specifics of the 3 day formats, note that : (from https://goo.gl/PM1cmu):

In Daily Chess (turn-based games with several days per move), you may consult books or databases (including the Chess.com Explorer) for opening moves. "Tablebases" - which are specialized databases of particular endgame positions - may NOT be used at any time. Further, you may not consult an engine to provide an opinion on your opening database, self-preparation or analysis that would relate to a particular game-in-progress on Chess.com.


If you have a Diamond Membership on Chess.com, then you are able to access the master database as you play with a click of the button and can choose your openings with the stats taken into consideration. You can often do this for the first 3-7-14 moves, depending on your style, and thereby have access to all of the full games to study and attempt to predict potential middle or endgame motifs. However, direct analysis using chess.com's stockfish implementation is disabled for any positions actively being played by your account. It is expected that you will then use a board/analysis board/research material to evaluate potential continuations. Because of this, games tend to be long, theoretical, and educational.

People without diamond memberships probably use wikipedia to source their ECO's https://goo.gl/ucHzzQ

Additionally, there is a computer aggregate precision score assigned to your games. Too high of a score will result an an automatic message to the tournament coordinator (I believe) whom would then adjust the brackets as necessary. I am not sure about the redistribution of points, however.

Discussion about this: https://goo.gl/CD7Pm4

Finally, if you use the computer analyzer after the game, you are able to see the CAP value for both yourself and your opponent throughout the game. If you see their value is, say, >94%, and they do not have a published OTB rating >2100, you can feel pretty safe in calling the bluff and reporting.

As for using an engine to "sneak" in strategic best moves, you'd probably be able to get away with this? But there really is no point that I can see. It's not like your chess.com score can affect your FIDE rating. All this would do is make you qualify for tournaments that are stocked with players who are outside your scope of knowledge, and guarantee that you need to cheat more to progress (becoming obvious) or that you never do.
<qpHalcy0n> decided to paint the office, now i'm high and my hands hurt
Arce
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:29 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General/Off-Topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron