Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Random irrelevance that just didn't fit into other forums. Talk about anything.

Moderator: Talkative People

dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Re: Official "Hello, World! (I'm new!)" thread

Post by dandymcgee »

Welcome dude(s)!
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Pleasure to meet you guys... Welcome to this dark corner of the internet. :twisted:
BitSlicer
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by BitSlicer »

Hi,
I've been watching AIGD for a couple years now, it inspired me to learn C++, I still haven't mastered it yet, I've got a long way to go but every time a new episode is released i get motivated and learn a shitload more.
I'm looking forward to the kickstarter so i can throw a pile of cash your way so you keep making videos and i can keep learning.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Hey BitSlicer, welcome to the forums man. Take a look around and feel free to tell us about what you're working on. Also, your support of the KickStarter is hugely appreciated.
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
TulioAdriano
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Pier Solar HD
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Sega CD
Programming Language of Choice: C#

Post by TulioAdriano »

Hi everyone. First post here. Glad to join the community. :)
There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binaries and those who don't.
ph0sph0ruz
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC,Xbox,Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C,C++

Post by ph0sph0ruz »

Welcome Tulio!
LeGinger
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: None
Favorite Gaming Platforms: pc, nes, ps1/ps2, gamecube
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by LeGinger »

Hey all. I have been a fan of Elysian Shadows for a few years now but never really been active on the fourms. I'm known as leginger mostly but sometimes MrSeamusTim. Glad to be part of this community.
Dean Rivers
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: Numerous things
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Mega Drive
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Dean Rivers »

Name's Dean Rivers,

First of all, I'd like to say that I've been a follower of your project for many years and I think it's incredible to see the team's transition from part-time hobbyists to full-time entrepreneurs. You are an inspiration to so many. I donated to the Kick and can't wait to get my own copy of the Dreamcast edition of ES! It's only fitting as the console that started it all.

Me, I'm a self-taught engineer who dreams of success! To exist without creating isn't what I call living. It's a brilliant feeling to see all the pieces come together when designing a fully working system, be it software or electro-mechanical. I know Falco is a qualified computer engineer so I felt that a hardware oriented guy like myself would feel quite welcome.

Thanks for your inspiration. ES demonstrates that it is possible to make an impact with passion alone.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, although a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

"A genius is just a crazy person with an audience." - Tim Minchin

http://www.youtube.com/user/devlogstudios
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

Dean Rivers wrote:Name's Dean Rivers,

First of all, I'd like to say that I've been a follower of your project for many years and I think it's incredible to see the team's transition from part-time hobbyists to full-time entrepreneurs. You are an inspiration to so many. I donated to the Kick and can't wait to get my own copy of the Dreamcast edition of ES! It's only fitting as the console that started it all.

Me, I'm a self-taught engineer who dreams of success! To exist without creating isn't what I call living. It's a brilliant feeling to see all the pieces come together when designing a fully working system, be it software or electro-mechanical. I know Falco is a qualified computer engineer so I felt that a hardware oriented guy like myself would feel quite welcome.

Thanks for your inspiration. ES demonstrates that it is possible to make an impact with passion alone.
Great to have ya Dean. Your contribution and support is most appreciated!
stevepdp
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by stevepdp »

Hey folks.

I've been following AiGD on and off since about mid 2012, and have enjoyed watching the series from the beginning.

I forget exactly how I came to discover the channel, but I do remember it was right about the time IGTM came out.

I think it's fair to say that you've been a source of inspiration in many of the decisions I've made over the past few years, the biggest of which involved career jumping from a sysadmin role to something more creative. I'm cutting my teeth on websites currently, but the dream is push myself towards games.

I'm backing the Kickstarter at the signed DC level, which is about all I can comfortably part with right now since I'm moving soon. I've written to a couple of sites kindly informing them about ES too.

Thanks, and I wish you all the best ;)
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

stevepdp wrote:Hey folks.

I've been following AiGD on and off since about mid 2012, and have enjoyed watching the series from the beginning.

I forget exactly how I came to discover the channel, but I do remember it was right about the time IGTM came out.

I think it's fair to say that you've been a source of inspiration in many of the decisions I've made over the past few years, the biggest of which involved career jumping from a sysadmin role to something more creative. I'm cutting my teeth on websites currently, but the dream is push myself towards games.

I'm backing the Kickstarter at the signed DC level, which is about all I can comfortably part with right now since I'm moving soon. I've written to a couple of sites kindly informing them about ES too.

Thanks, and I wish you all the best ;)
Welcome to the ES forums man. Thank you for spreading the word, every bit helps! You should definitely keep following the dream, game development is both difficult and rewarding but so worth it in the end if it's what you love.
beno
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by beno »

Hey Guys!

I've been a fan of AiGD for a long time. I remember watching them as they were released (years ago!).
I'm backing the ES project because I want you to succeed and achieve the dream many of us wish we could! I can't wait to play it ;)

Hell, if you ever need another programmer going in an fucking up code, I'll gladly volunteer. I'm a pro at making awesome clean code turn into complex and spaghetti'd as possible.

Keep up the hard work. Its looking great!
Cheers,
Ben

(psst... is this where I get my backer status on the forums?)
Lilith
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by Lilith »

Backed the CE of ES. Can't wait to get it. Love the Dreamcast.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by dandymcgee »

beno and Lilith, thanks for backing and welcome to the forums!
metallicsoul92
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Hello! (A simple Introduction)

Post by metallicsoul92 »

My name is Jim, ive been on a Development team, Dragon Lens Studios, for almost 2 months now, and i just started getting into your videos on your youtube channel, and love what you guys do. :)

Admin note: Merged into official "Hello World" topic.