3D modeling

Forum for the creative side of the game development process: art, music, storyline, gameplay, concepts, etc. Any sort of relevant discussion is welcome here.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

janequorzar
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: 3D modeling

Post by janequorzar »

Benjamin100 wrote:I thought I saw that a lot of the guys and Pixar are veteran animators, who are taught how to use their computer animation software, and it would surprise me if they used very much scripting.
If you have not tried their own software, then I don't know why your saying that. I have tested their software. And you are not required to use scripting, but scripting helps to setup the scenes faster. The modeling is one of the slower processes to animations. Not a scripting thing there. Maybe that's what your referring too. Modeling does not require scripting. But animating them does if you want to get the job done in a shorter amount of time. And in that business, time means money.
Benjamin100
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Re: 3D modeling

Post by Benjamin100 »

?
I have not tried their software, but I believe that on their site it says something like they look for animators with an understanding of animation, more so than a technical understanding of how to achieve it with a computer.