Zeid's Epic Art Thread

Forum for the creative side of the game development process: art, music, storyline, gameplay, concepts, etc. Any sort of relevant discussion is welcome here.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Re: Zeid's Epic Art Thread

Post by zeid »

Well looks like the priest is giving the exact impression I was hoping for :D. He is meant to look pretty sinister. His meant to be very self-assured that his actions are guided by god and he has no qualms with crushing anyone who would get in his way.

The hero will certainly be getting a heroic looking face :P perhaps with some facial hair. I'm thinking perhaps a little stern and aged but not angry. The war hero face (and costume in general) I'm a little unsure of. I'm going to try and get some inspiration from some comic book characters for his face as they have the look down-pat before I go back and adjust any of the costume.
Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

For many more free games online visit www.sam-zeid.com
zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by zeid »

So I came up with what I hope will be a rather nice art pipeline for this project. My team and I will make 3d models of our characters which are then being rigged. Following this the characters first set of animations will be created. We will render out the character performing their animations for testing. Then the animations will undergo a series of adjustments for as many iterations as it takes to create a well balanced and interesting move set. When the move set and animations are finalised we will be drawing/pixeling/painting over each frame and polishing them up as well as applying 2d unique animation techniques to improve their overall look and remove that pre-rendered appearance.

Working under this new pipeling I started work on the first 3d model. I decided to begin with the priest as I was fairly happy with his face design and I have a good idea of where I would like to go with him overall. I created a simple mesh which will be sufficient for our needs, however just for fun I decided to go overboard. Here are the results:
Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Goddamn. I keep looking for a Facebook-style "Like" button for posts like this...
BugInTheSYS
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Current Project: Vintage Roads
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++, Delphi

Post by BugInTheSYS »

GyroVorbis wrote:Goddamn. I keep looking for a Facebook-style "Like" button for posts like this...
thanks to trufun202, its already around, at least a part of it :)
http://elysianshadows.com/phpBB3/viewto ... ant#p72864
Someday, everything will go to /dev/null. - Bug's prophecy 13:37
zeid
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by zeid »

So I had this idea of creating a small series of super hero themed games, with each game focusing on 1 or 2 characters and being a chapter in an overarching story. I got a little carried away creating characters and may need to drop a few.

Top row are the heroes, everyone else are the bad guys (16 and 17 are generic thugs). Feel free to tell me which are the most deserving to stay. At the moment I am possibly looking at dumping; 18, 11, 4 and 3. 4 might end up as a generic enemy as he is a little plain at the moment.

Axolotl Pop!
Or, try it for free.

blackball2186
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES SNES PS Dreamcast
Programming Language of Choice: C#, C / ++,

Post by blackball2186 »

zeid wrote:So I had this idea of creating a small series of super hero themed games, with each game focusing on 1 or 2 characters and being a chapter in an overarching story. I got a little carried away creating characters and may need to drop a few.

Top row are the heroes, everyone else are the bad guys (16 and 17 are generic thugs). Feel free to tell me which are the most deserving to stay. At the moment I am possibly looking at dumping; 18, 11, 4 and 3. 4 might end up as a generic enemy as he is a little plain at the moment.

I really like 11. Ive been playing Arkham Asylum and it reminds me of Bane. the ones i would drop is 4 , 10, 13 and 15 and i would redo the body suit on 18 to look more like a 1950s space suit