XNA Creators Club

Forum for the creative side of the game development process: art, music, storyline, gameplay, concepts, etc. Any sort of relevant discussion is welcome here.

Moderator: PC Supremacists

mu10566
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Re: XNA Creators Club

Post by mu10566 »

Well, kinda late ino (I just got here!) ^_^ but here is a link to a lil pong* game that I made about a year ago in C#/xna ect ect ect...
http://shadowland.cc/misc/Pong-Windows.ccgame (hope that works)...if not ill just post the source (NOTE: Its really ugly...hence the url first)

All in all a sweet dev. environment but... distribution is a pain...(not to mention platform dependencies) ...

My system X-shd (totally not my fault) and I havn't touched xna since (to lazy to re-install all that junk)
CC Ricers
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by CC Ricers »

The Creators Club is like a less harsh Newgrounds? I haven't been to Newgrounds regularly in years but if this is correct I guess they really upped the ante on their standards.

Anyways I can't see myself doing anything with XNA soon. I downloaded the SDK before and was blindly screwing around with variables in the examples, but C# isn't something I actually know. I guess I should learn C# one of these days...at the least it will open up my choices on other web development projects at work :)
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

CC Ricers wrote:The Creators Club is like a less harsh Newgrounds? I haven't been to Newgrounds regularly in years but if this is correct I guess they really upped the ante on their standards.

Anyways I can't see myself doing anything with XNA soon. I downloaded the SDK before and was blindly screwing around with variables in the examples, but C# isn't something I actually know. I guess I should learn C# one of these days...at the least it will open up my choices on other web development projects at work :)
Yeah, I actually do .NET development at work, so trying out XNA sounded like it was worth a shot - especially since most XNA Community Games suck ass (as Lusikka has pointed out).

Assuming my game gets approved by the Creator's Club (when it's finished), I'll let everyone know how it does sales wise - but from what I've been told, "don't expect much."
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

trufun202 wrote:Assuming my game gets approved by the Creator's Club (when it's finished), I'll let everyone know how it does sales wise - but from what I've been told, "don't expect much."
I don't know, it seems like any quality games would get some buys. Hopefully enough to cover the $100 subscription.
I'd really like to port Rawr Rinth when I have time, then uh... tell my 800 subscribers about it. 8-)
trufun202
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by trufun202 »

LusikkaMage wrote:
trufun202 wrote:Assuming my game gets approved by the Creator's Club (when it's finished), I'll let everyone know how it does sales wise - but from what I've been told, "don't expect much."
I don't know, it seems like any quality games would get some buys. Hopefully enough to cover the $100 subscription.
I'd really like to port Rawr Rinth when I have time, then uh... tell my 800 subscribers about it. 8-)
I'd buy it! That, Lenxion, and Pickin' Sticks. ;)

The XNA framework is really straight forward. Since you know Allegro, you should be able to knock out an XNA game in no time.

I signed up for the 4 month subscription for 50 bucks. To me, it's worth it just to play one of my games on a console.
-Chris

YouTube | Twitter | Rad Raygun

“REAL ARTISTS SHIP” - Steve Jobs
Moosader
Game Developer
Game Developer
Current Project: Find out at: http://www.youtube.com/coderrach
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, NES, SNES, PS2, PS1, DS, PSP, X360, WII
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Post by Moosader »

Sounds neat. I didn't know they had shorter sub periods.
I may just work on porting over my games and THEN subscribe.

I really want to port Action 52 to XNA for some reason. o_o
zNelson24
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: School assignments.
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC, Xbox 360
Programming Language of Choice: C#, BASIC

Post by zNelson24 »

Hi! I have only started with XNA because it seemed to be the easist way to make games at a near-industry standard (preparing for the future). Not to mention you could make Xbox 360 games. It has worked great for me sence.

Like one of the above posters above said, the Creators Club is like a more forgiving Newgrounds. While I understand that they are trying to give everyone an chance to make and sell games for the Xbox 360 and let people submit low quality games, I dont understand why games are not being rejected through peer review for not being games (Calculator 360 and Rumble Massage are NOT games).

Thankfully, there are XNA devs who actually bother to put effort towards their work and actually clean up the whole game before they publish it (try Ultratron, Galax-e-mail, and StarPilot. I enjoyed these).
-zNelson24

thejahooli
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by thejahooli »

I'm hoping to get something decent on there once I've done enough with XNA
I'll make your software hardware.