WTF I"M ong to

This is a section with real-life examples of posts you shouldn't make.
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular
Current Project: Learn
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC/PS/GC/DC
Programming Language of Choice: C(++)/Perl

WTF I"M ong to

Post by thbp »

Ok, Umm sorry if i misspell your name i'm bad at names but ok Vorbis were the fuck are these new videos? i just started watching now there aint any new ones? i wanna see some new ones. Or at least some gameplay updates. I mean please at least do some educational comp sci. or anyting educational on math/physics/computer related i already watched them all and i started yesturday
XNA ========== eXtreme Nuclear Atomic
Wrestlers have three motion: side 2 side , circle, and stalk
newbie1234
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: I'm currently making my own GUI
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Err... Linux?
Programming Language of Choice: C++

Re: WTF I"M ong to

Post by newbie1234 »

thbp wrote:Ok, Umm sorry if i misspell your name i'm bad at names but ok Vorbis were the fuck are these new videos? i just started watching now there aint any new ones? i wanna see some new ones. Or at least some gameplay updates. I mean please at least do some educational comp sci. or anyting educational on math/physics/computer related i already watched them all and i started yesturday
I do believe that all Elysian Shadows team members also have some other things to think about (job, college, girlfriends... just in case you didn't pulled that straight out of your ass in the first place) and I also believe that we have a registration rule here on the forums which prevent 12-year-olds from joining.

Marauder, I think we should update the forum rules to prevent any future posts like these. I don't mide any occasional 'hurry-the-hell-up' remarks, but this is just ridiculous.
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by thbp »

Ok for a fact i'm 14 aabout to be 15 and i understand that but's it's been like what a year or more? since the last one i'd just like at least a asimple update on what's going on here.
programmerinprogress
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee
Current Project: some crazy stuff, i'll tell soon :-)
Favorite Gaming Platforms: PC
Programming Language of Choice: C++!

Post by programmerinprogress »

1. it was 5 months ago
2. They don't work for you
3. be patient

That is all.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think I can program pretty well, it's my compiler that needs convincing!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now a joke to lighten to mood :D

I wander what programming language anakin skywalker used to program C3-PO's AI back on tatooine? my guess is Jawa :P
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

thbp wrote:Ok for a fact i'm 14 aabout to be 15 and i understand that but's it's been like what a year or more? since the last one i'd just like at least a asimple update on what's going on here.

The 'Simple' updates would be what the forum and IRC are for. To me, it seems like the ES team is simply waiting on art/music. They don't want to show you the same ripped graphics. To me, it sounds like they have got quite a bit done, and just want the graphics to increase the impact. This was the whole point of the new series; Elysian Shadows Revolution. To stop using these ripped graphics and start showing more of the actual GAME than just an engine.

Think about it. Let's say someone programmed the 'best engineered' game in the world. It has great physics, great AI, great EVERYTHING, except graphics/music. Let's say the graphics just flat out sucked. My bet is that very few people would play it. The graphics in a game play a huge role when modeling your game. Graphics can actually make it or break it.

And the ES project isn't the only project out there. There's plenty of other dev projects you could check out/follow while you wait for a new ES video.

So, moral of the story... Stop your bitching, the ES team hears crap all the time. I'm sure if you threw them enough crap they may speed things up to appease the whining toddlers, but I think I speak behalf on (most?) of this community when I say that I would much rather wait for a kick ass ES video with new graphics than sit through new engine features with the old ripped graphics.
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by thbp »

I understand that i just joined and havn'et read every post yet. But thank you. i'll keep my mouth shut and wait like a good "twelve" year old
newbie1234
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie
Current Project: I'm currently making my own GUI
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Err... Linux?

Post by newbie1234 »

thbp wrote:I understand that i just joined and havn'et read every post yet. But thank you. i'll keep my mouth shut and wait like a good "twelve" year old
Don't get me wrong. I don't hate you. But you acted so arrogant when you wrote your topic post. Let me quote you:
ok Vorbis were the fuck are these new videos?
You do realize that they do not work for you in any way, right? And they(ES team members) all have their own life as well (with 'as' here or without?) on top of the ES.
i just started watching now there aint any new ones? i wanna see some new ones. Or at least some gameplay updates. I mean please at least do some educational comp sci. or anyting educational on math/physics/computer related i already watched them all and i started yesturday
Again, it's not their problem. Also, why don't you try going slower with things, or even better, re-watching the videos? I mean, what would one episode of ESR even mean to you, if you would deal with it the moment you would finish watching it for the first time? And then you would just go back to the forums and started bitching and spamming all over again? Dude, seriously.

And also:
i already watched them all and i started yesturday
Dude, some of us were waiting for the new episode to come out for 5 months already, but we didn't even open our mouths and act arrogant about it. But you, after the very first day, started spamming this forums because of it.

Take my advice and be patient.
Peace.
Last edited by newbie1234 on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
dandymcgee
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Current Project: https://github.com/dbechrd/RicoTech
Favorite Gaming Platforms: NES, Sega Genesis, PS2, PC
Programming Language of Choice: C

Post by dandymcgee »

XianForce wrote: I'm sure if you threw them enough crap they may speed things up to appease the whining toddlers, but I think I speak behalf on (most?) of this community when I say that I would much rather wait for a kick ass ES video with new graphics than sit through new engine features with the old ripped graphics.
You're not speaking for me. I'd love to sit through new engine features, and while graphics are awesome it's not what I look forward to most. I think the team does an excellent job of creating these videos regardless of what the focus is for that day, but that's just me. :mrgreen:
Falco Girgis wrote:It is imperative that I can broadcast my narcissistic commit strings to the Twitter! Tweet Tweet, bitches! :twisted:
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

thbp wrote:Ok, Umm sorry if i misspell your name i'm bad at names but ok Vorbis were the fuck are these new videos? i just started watching now there aint any new ones? i wanna see some new ones. Or at least some gameplay updates. I mean please at least do some educational comp sci. or anyting educational on math/physics/computer related i already watched them all and i started yesturday
Rofl my waffles.
Bakkon
Chaos Rift Junior
Chaos Rift Junior

Post by Bakkon »

Yeah man, what the hell? You should totally have Gyro refund you. Wait? You're not paying him for the education? He's doing it for free and out of the kindness in his heart? My god! The humanity!
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by thbp »

ok sorry that i put it that way but that was the way i felt at the time like that. I actually learned more from his videos than i have from reading articles
XianForce
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by XianForce »

thbp wrote:ok sorry that i put it that way but that was the way i felt at the time like that. I actually learned more from his videos than i have from reading articles
Next time, think before you post =p.
thbp
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by thbp »

I will, I am though very sorry.
hurstshifter
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer
Favorite Gaming Platforms: SNES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by hurstshifter »

I don't know what's more of a fail: the context of his post, or the title of the thread.

/bash
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
http://www.thenerdnight.com
eatcomics
ES Beta Backer
ES Beta Backer

Post by eatcomics »

ok Vorbis were the fuck are these new videos?
A boy you're age ought not ta be sayin such things....