Hagemonia: Legions of Iron (PC)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Michael, Warrior of God
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Hagemonia: Legions of Iron (PC)

Post by Michael, Warrior of God »

Hey I would just like to tell you guys about Hegemonia. Its a great science fiction RTS.
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble , such as never was since the nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."
-Daniel 12:1 KJV
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Dude, you've got to reveiw the game.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Michael, Warrior of God
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Michael, Warrior of God »

OK then...uh

Gameplay 7/10
While this game does play really well there are a few major ploblems. The first is the length of the game it is a short game, at least it was to me, but I tend to to crazy whenever I get something like a new game and play it obsesssivly. The other major problem is the extremely low population cap. Ok you have three classes of ships Military, Spy, and Special, the maximum for Military in the entire the game is 10, Spy is 4, and Special is 8. My problem is not with Spies, or Specials, it's with the Military units, ten squads is not enough to both defend your planets and assualt your enemies planets with absolute confidence.

Graphics 9/10
The graphics on this game are mind blowing. Most of your work is done from an expanded view of the entire solar system, but you can zoom down and view everything, I mean everything in exquisite detail. You can view any ship as close as you want to. But thats only the begining looking at planets, jou can see clouds, looking at the darkside of a colonized planet gives you a view of city lights, and this darkside is actually created based on the planets position in relevance to the systems sun. All that put aside however the most minute detail that I have seen so far are planety rings, you can zoom into them and see the rocks that make it up. Now for the only problem, the scaling is not right, the planets and suns are not big enough compared to the ships. Of course I may be wrong but I doubt that a single fighter would be the size of a city on the planet.

Music and Sound 9/10
The music in this game is awsome as well it just sets the perfect setting for what you are doing at the time whether it is battling or spying or just managing your colonies. The gameplay is not only enhanced by the music but also by the little sounds that are needed to make up a sci-fi game, these are also extremely well. About the only downfall in this department is the voice acting and while it is not horrible it can be slightly annoying at times.

Overall 8/10
In general the game is pretty good especially if your a big fan of music and graphical masterpieces. But it is only somewhat lacking in the gameplay department.
"And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble , such as never was since the nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book."
-Daniel 12:1 KJV
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Hey, that's pretty sweet sounding. I'll give it a try.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I think that game sounds awsome.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Sounds pretty good. I'll try it out.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I have one question what system is it for?
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

It's for the PC.

Look at the topic title.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

Oh umm oops! :oops: