Gunsmoke (NES)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Gunsmoke (NES)

Post by Wutai »

I played a rom of this game on the Dreamcast a long time ago, but only about a week ago when I was really bored did I really get into this game.

Story
As with many other old games, Gunsmoke doesn't have much of a plot.
You are a bounty hunter in the wild west, and you go around taking out criminals. It's not complex, but it serves as a good foundation for a great game.
5/10

Sound
The possibilities of this game were very much held back by the NES hardware, but the developers still managed to make something good.
The music, while very simple, is still nice to listen to and fits in with the rest of the game. The sound effects are also simple, but sound as they should. Overall, the sound is fine.
7/10

Graphics
Again, this game was held back by the restraints of the NES, but suprisingly the game looks great. The graphics are very stylish and everything looks like it's supposed to look like.
8/10

Gameplay
For some odd reason, I love the simplistic gameplay of this game.
I would rather play this game than many other newfangled games. The controls are easy and fluid, but there is depth to this game. There are many powerups that can be found throughout the level. Also, many different weapons can be purchased from merchants. You can even get on a horse, which gives you an extra shield.
The only really bad thing about this game is the difficulty. If you take one hit, you have to start at the very beginning of the level.
I don't know about you, but I hate it when games are this hard.
8/10

Overall, this is a great game. The only reson it didn't score a ten is the difficulty. Buy it.

8/10
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.