Halo 2 (Xbox)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Halo 2 (Xbox)

Post by Wutai »

I'm mad at all of you for not making a review of this already!

Story

The story is suprisingly good. The covenant are trying to find all of the mystical rings. It turns out that these holy rings are actually weapons of mass destruction. (OH NO!!!) Then, the elites and brutes are fighting and stuff. I forgot the rest. It has a terrible ending though.

Story 8/10

Visuals

The graphics are very good. There are pretty effects everywhere. Characters are made of bazillions of polygons and move fluidly. Everything is great except for one thing. The first Halo had beautifuly detailed textures that looked real. Sadly, in Halo 2 this is not the case. The textures are still detailed; they just look like they have about half as many pixels as Halo's.

Visuals 8/10

Sound

The sounds are just what you'd expect. A shotgun sounds like a real shotgun. Voice acting is fine, not that it really matters.
The best part of the sound is the music. The battle theme makes you want to... well... ...shoot stuff. There was even some rock music in there. In one point in the game, while the brutes and elites were fighting, it started playing a song from Breaking Benjamin.

Sound 8/10

Gameplay

... ... ...................

I don't need to say anything. Everybody knows what I'm going to say.

First of all, there are tons of new gameplay abilities in Halo 2. You can duel wield, steal vehicles, and all other types of majiggers.

Multiplayer is the best thing ever. It is so fun to jump atop JSL's tank and beat him to death, then take it for yourself. Also, sniping someone from half a mile away is still extremely satisfying.

The AI is great too. If there is a vehicle nearby, an AI will jump in and drive it around. If you are going too slow on a vehicle, an enemy might kick you off and get on.

Gameplay 9.8/10

Overall

This game is good. It is one of the best console shooters ever made.
Be warned though, I beat this game on a rental. It is VERY short.
This game is good and I like it and you should get it and stuff.

Overall 8.5/10
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

8.2?!?!?!?!?!

Post by xB_forlife »

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you arew so rong. i would giv that game a 9.5 It is so unbeilievably fun! It is way easyer than the 1st one tho... O HEK THEY BOTH ROK!
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I thought the first player was pretty much the same as the first one. I got bored with it after about 6 levels. I think it was when you played as that alien freak that I lost interest. The multiplayer can be fun though. I haven't tried any hijackin' yet.
Marx Chaotix
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Marx Chaotix »

I knew you guys would say stuff like that on reviews. :roll:Although I havn't played it and I hear how good it is i won't and I don't know why but i won't. :roll:
xB_forlife
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie
Chaos Rift Cool Newbie

rong

Post by xB_forlife »

fred dibnah- u are so rong. it gets really good at about the 3rd level. andplus, its neat playin as an alien. It sumtimes got boring as playing as just master cheif on the 1st halo. It varies out the sides.
i love to skate & hang around with my frends.
http://bigskates.com/catalog/image/prod ... erican.gif
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Re: rong

Post by FredDibnah »

xB_forlife wrote:fred dibnah- u are so rong. it gets really good at about the 3rd level. andplus, its neat playin as an alien. It sumtimes got boring as playing as just master cheif on the 1st halo. It varies out the sides.
Well, opinions are relative, but whatever. I don't see what's so great about playing as an alien. I thought the laser sword doohickey was the most un-fun weapon in the game. It has a very poor variety of animations, and why risk getting close to someone when you can just shoot them from afar? I was bored with it the first time I used it.

My main gripe with Halo 2's single-player was the story. It was just your basic sci-fi plot...nothing you wouldn't see in a summer blockbuster. Games are much longer than movies, and it's a shame that some try to emulate movie storylines instead of taking advantage of those extra hours.

And by the way xB_forlife... it is wrong, not rong. I'm not picking on you or anything, it was just bothering me.

And what the heck does "It varies out the sides " mean!?
MarauderIIC
Respected Programmer
Respected Programmer

Post by MarauderIIC »

If the Halo 2 Xbox Live community wasn't full of shit-talkers that haven't reached puberty yet, the online experience would be much improved. But maybe I just draw a lot of them. I dunno. Games are rated MATURE for a reason.
I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I had planned.