Wario Ware DS

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Wario Ware DS

Post by 1st_Movement »

Well...I noticed that this was a request...but before I start...let me say I dont own a DS nor do I own this game. BUT I have played it a lot...and I feel that I have had enough experience to rate it....

ok here we go:

Story: boring. 3\10

basically...well i dont even KNOW what the story is...you fall down a hole in the road (sewer) dropping your new GBA SP (I think...not quite sure) and a genie old man...uh...THING comes up with a DS and your SP. He asks you which is yours, and you say both. thats all I really caught about the story. its boring, its stupid, but then again...the old story wasnt all that good anyways. Also...its really not any big deal about the story, as this isnt a story kind of game.

Gameplay: 7\10
Just like the last game. You play a certain "theme" of games which have you doing the generic same thing...scribbling, dragging, even blowing into the mic. You get 4 tries to make the high score, and a boss round completed successfully results in another try. The game gets faster as you go as well. Sounds fun, yes? each time you make a certain score, you open a new theme. These themes...well...they kinda get boring after you play them so many times...and its easy to get frustrated when you ALMOST make the score. Very fun for some quick fast paced gaming...but...it just gets OLD after a while. And there is very little replay value..once you play all the way through every theme...theres no reason to REplay the entire game.

There is also a section with "toys" in it. you can use the screen to play a piano...the mic to blow windchimes, and other things. These are only slightly entertaining...very boring as there is no real point...just something to mess around with.

Sound: 6\10

I despise games with bad music. Bad music = anything annoying to me. Im a drummer...and I like my music (techno if you dont know. :wink: ). any music thats just plain ANNOYING makes me want to...well... :(|): and this game annoys a lot out of me. sure it GOES with the game...but it just...angers me. you wont like me when im angry.

final verdict: 6\10
an average game. could be better...well no not really. Personally I got bored quickly with this game. Rent...or better yet...get a PSP. :wink:
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

A nice accurate review. Boredom really is a huge factor in this game. And it isn't challenging. Referr to the fact that I beat it under 1 hour. Including all the extras and hard modes. Like the score 30 points with only one life mode.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
1st_Movement
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by 1st_Movement »

amen brother. word to your mom.
in a good way.
:spin:
want a cookie?

i love to write. if you love to read, PM me. :)

Post by Guest »

Wow! I'm an ass, I didn't even see that you reviewed this game. Sorry.

Thanks a bunch. I think I'll just stick with playing it at the stores as I walk by. I'm still waiting for a good DS game to come out...I'm thinking maybe that new Pac-Man game will be okay...? You ever played it?
Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Post by Wutai »

Is that the thing where you draw Pac-Man?
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

If you're looking for a good DS game, wait a little bit longer. The new Kirby DS game looks very promising.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Yes, Kirby looks like a promising DS game. Pac-Man looks pretty good, as does the Sonic game. Super Mario 64's a pretty good game too.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!

Post by Guest »

Sonic Game? Kirby Game?

COME ON FOO! SPILL IT! TELL ME MORE!

Did I just yell? :roll:
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I just saw some Kirby action on x-play. It was kinda wierd, you had to make suspensions with the stylus to navigate the terrain and such.

Post by Guest »

Is it impossible to make a game where you do not touch the screen? Why don't they have some consideration for the peeps without fingers that must peck with their noses? :roll:

I’ll try to look online when I have time. Maybe I can find some crap on it. A Kirby for DS will probably be really respectable, or really gay. But all Kirby games so far are respectable, so I am not doubting this new one.
Last edited by Guest on Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

All Kirby games kick ass.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!