Wario Blast (GB)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Wario Blast (GB)

Post by Falco Girgis »

Graphics: 6.0
Sound: 8.0
Replay: 10.0
Gameplay: 9.0

This game is one the greatest releases for the Game Boy ever. The first time that I clicked that cartridge into my primitive Game Boy color and flipped on the power switch, I practically shat my entire bowel's worth into my drawers. Down at the sewage, in the forbidden zone of the field in front of the elementary school at recess, Falco, Josh Huffman, and my fourth grade self sat playing our video games: Poke'mon, Pac-man, and of course, the stolen Wario Blast. Falco had 'borrowed' Wario Blast from this rather large gentleman named Damion. When the fat shat decided to pick on our good friend Josh, that was when we decided that he wouldn't be seeing it again.

Navigate your way through a maze of pure explosive mayhem blasting through walls obstructing your path, collecting bombs and powerups to increase your bombs' power! The clock is set at 100 seconds. Blow your enemy to smithereens in two out of three rounds, and you move on to the next level. As the clock is counting down, random items will start appearing all over, making pure chaos. As you progress through the levels, more and more enemies will appear as you scramble to tap the buttons in time to scrape away from an enemy explosion before you are blasted into oblivion.

The music rams it's boot up your ass the second the game begins with it's melodic rhythms, and catchy hooks. If it weren't for the constant repeating of the same song, it would be near perfection.

This is one game that any respectable person would never tire of. It is one of those games that you can play over and over, and it never gets any less fun. I mean how could you get sick of blowing Bomberman to hell? The graphics of this game aren't all that great. The black and white is kind of a turn off, but you can't expect more from an original Game Boy Game.

This review was originally by Coal.