Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES)

Post by Falco Girgis »

Graphics: 9.0
Sound: 6.0
Replay: 5.0
Gameplay: 6.0

Review: Super Mario Bros. 2 is one RANDOM game. It just doesn't fit. Mario is a shroom eating, goomba stomping game. This is NOT Mario. I don't see why Nintendo gambled like this after making millions of dollars off of the first one. I personally believe that they have had one too many Wine Coolers. The game actually isn't that bad. It'd of been a great game had it not tried to take on the name 'Mario'.

Did you Know?
Super Mario Bros. 2 was't a Mario game. The real Super Mario Bros. 2 was released in Japan. It was then released in the US in Super Mario Allstars. The game's name was 'Lost Levels'. The game that the American Super Mario Bros. 2 is based on is called 'Doki Doki Panic'.

Aight, the game sucked. But we cannot deny that the graphics were ahead of its time. They are colorful and go together well. If the game had more complex backgrounds, I'd swear it was SNES. There are jungles, waterfalls, deserts, and caves. All have appropriate design and are quite respectable.

Sound, unlike graphics, sucked. Mario games have a certain rythm and cheery sound. The game not only didn't have this nice sound, but had just the opposite. Sound effects were nice. They fit what they were used for in every case except the fact that it was supposed to be a Mario game. Sound would of been great had it been called 'Doki Doki Madness'.

Gameplay? No shrooms, no fireballs. You run around digging up random carrots, parsnips, radishes and other disrespectable foods. You then take them and throw them at non-Mario bad guys. You try to live till the end of the level. There isn't really much that distinguishes this game from any other.

This game is for people who found the above review to be pleasing or for hardcore Mario fans. Everybody else should maybe rent it once. But there just isn't a point in really owning it.