Soldat (PC)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Soldat (PC)

Post by Wutai »

Soldat can be found at http://www.soldat.prv.pl/

Story

You kill stuff. Who needs story any more?

Story 0/10

Gameplay

Gameplay is what this game is all about.

Soldat is a 2D sidescrolling shooter. It acually reminds me alot of a completely action based worms game. There are tons of great weapons, plus nice physics. Getting blown up could result in your head flying off and blood flying everywhere. It is so fun to hide in the tall grass with a one-hit-kill chainsaw for some unsuspecting loser to pass by.

The game can support as many people playing over a LAN connection or over the internet. If you want to play a game with thirty people without slowdown, you'd better find a fast server.

There are many gametypes, such as Capture the Flag and Deathmatch.
The best part of the game is that every player has a jetpack that they can use to fly around and attack from the sky.

The only problem I have is that you have very little max life, so gunfights usually don't last more than four or five seconds.

I suggest getting the seperate level editor.

Gameplay 7/10

Graphics

The graphics are fine. All of the textures that come with the game are nice and detailed. All of the character sprites move around EXTREMELY fluidly at probably 30 frames per second.

Graphics 8/10

Sound

The sounds are great. All of the guns sound real.
There are three heavy metal tracks that come with the game.
The registered version (which costs $9) comes with a built in media player that you can play your own MP3's with.

Sound 8/10

Overall

This is a great game. You might get a little bored playing it alot, but it is good for a few quick games every once in a while.
It's free, so there's no reason not to download it and the level editor now.

Overall 7/10 GOOD!
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Post by Falco Girgis »

Wow, I must've overlooked this one. I didn't realize that you'd reviewed Soldat. Nice, very good job. I think that's given me a reason to actually bother downloading it now.
Imprezamtt
Chaos Rift Regular
Chaos Rift Regular

Post by Imprezamtt »

yeah, the IT people have finally caught on that we play that so they blocked the default lan port. its really funny when the IT lady walks in Visual Basic and the whopping 7 people in that class were all running the program and we all uninstall it simulaniously.
Besides, the teacher doesnt really care about us.
DJ Yoshi
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by DJ Yoshi »

Actually, they haven't. In 3rd period C++ we play all the time at the default port.
There is no signature.
Addooomenla5

Post by Addooomenla5 »

Adtepghla8

Post by Adtepghla8 »