Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Wutai
Chaos Rift God
Chaos Rift God

Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2)

Post by Wutai »

I know this is a really old game, but it is one of my favorites. This review might not be any good due to the fact that I wrote it in 5th grade.

By the way, you can find this for about $5 now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

METAL GEAR SOLID 2: SONS OF LIBERTY

Genre = Action/Stealth
System = PS2

INTRODUCTION

Well I finished this wonderful game about a week ago, and I must say that it was well worth the measly ten bucks I gave for it. I got about fifteen hours of gameplay from it, that may not seem like much, but every minute of it is enjoyable. Honestly, if I were you, I'd get up from my computer, drive to the nearest video game store, and buy myself a copy.

SOUND/MUSIC 9.5/10

If you get this game, which you absolutely should, put it in your PS2, and be sure not to press any buttons, because the intro music is awesome. Well anyway, the music is very fitting, and sounds very good. The voice acting is also very good for a video game. The only reason the sound didn't get a ten is because the really good songs don't play enough.

GRAPHICS 8/10

The graphics are very good. There are tons of tiny details.
The onlt problem is that most of the game is played in plain, boring, grey-ish areas.
STORY 10/10

The plot is better than many RPG's that I've played, and even better than Final Fantasy 6, which, many of you will probably say is not true...
...It is a very futuristic story with good character development, and surprising twists that will keep you hooked until the end. Some people say it's too confusing, but don't listen to them, they just can't comprehend it.

GAMEPLAY_10/10

Finally, the best part of the game, the gameplay.
Well, as in most stealth games, you try not to let the enemies see or hear you. You can do everything from stuffing enemy bodies into lockers, to hanging onto the sides of bridges in order to avoid unfriendly confrontation, or even putting on disguises of your foes.
The thing about this game though, is that if you are seen, you actually have a chance at taking out the enemies.
With your bare fists, handguns, automatics, grenades, and a sword all the way up to rocket launchers, there's no reason why you can't get rid of a few "baddies."

REALISM 8/10

Well here we are, the part of the game that makes it so realistic,
the realism (obviously). Stay out in the rain too long, get a cold, get a cold, sneeze, sneeze,guard hears you. It is easily the most realistic game ever, if you forgive that enemies can't see you right across the room, It IS GOOD.

CONCLUSION_10/10

Everything is absolutely great, third person stealth shooters don't get any better than this.

Buy, definitely.
This is a joke about unfunny jokes. And bad use of irony.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I love grey-ish areas. They have a cool atmospheric feel to them.

Also, the bit about FF6 is so true.