Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity

Reviews for both games and hardware. Feel free to write your own and post/comment on the reviews of others.

Moderator: Game Reviewers

Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team
Current Project: Elysian Shadows
Favorite Gaming Platforms: Dreamcast, SNES, NES
Programming Language of Choice: C/++

Crash Bandicoot: Twinsanity

Post by Falco Girgis »

I decided to rent this game today as I stayed home sick with a raging ear infection. Now everybody who has a penis (no matter how small or large) has played Crash Bandicoot. Back in the day it was Crash vs. Sonic vs. Mario for the Playstation/Saturn/N64 market. Crash Bandicoot was a landmark in gaming. Five titles were released for the PSX (Crash Bash, CTR, Crash 1-3). Each title had major success.

Then something happened and control of Crash shifted from Naughty Dog to Traveler's Tales. I don't see what the big deal was, but from then on the gaming market pushed Crash into the sub-par regions of forgotten games.

I don't know why though. There have been 2 Crash games released for the GBA (3 including Nitro Kart). Each of these games had some of the best graphics that the GBA has ever seen and proved that Crash could work out just as well in 2D as he did in 3D.

A few Crash titles were released for the NextGen consoles (Nitro Kart and Wrath of Cortex). Neither were considered exceptional and weren't given the best of reviews.

After awhile, Crash has come back from the grave on the new console adventure: TwinSanity. Upon hearing of this title, I didn't think much. It sounded like the exact same concept that'd been used raw. Boy was I wrong.

Not only does Twinsanity bring Crash to a whole new level, but it completely pwnz every previous title that the bandicoot took part in.

At first you're blessed with some of the nicest graphics I've ever seen (even for the PS2). Next, when you gain control of Crash, you see that they've done something unbelievable. Crash now moves (most of the time) in a completely 3D environment (like Mario 64).

Cortex comes back for revenge. He stuns Crash's sister, Coco, and steals her clothes and hair :watiff:.

The game is just all around hilarious. Neo Cortex skips around like Coco trying to get Crash to follow. He might say something really gay like "ITS TRUE! BLONDS REALLY DO HAVE ALL THE FUN!" Then you meet up with all of your previously defeated foes in a nice reunional form.

This game is so original. Remember the levels where Crash was in a little ball and you have to navigate him through levels while rolling down slopes? One of the levels here features Crash and Cortex beating the hell out of each other as a ball and you roll them both down to the goal.

To conclude this ungodly long post (almost essay), Crash Twinsanity is a tragically overlooked title. If you have any respectability whatsoever, you'll rush to your nearest Wal-Mart and/or Rhino games and buy this very respectable title ASAP.
Dark Crusader
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by Dark Crusader »

I will admite it I did always like the Crash games. I hereded that Twinsanity was suppost to be funny..Is it?

Hmmmmm... seeing Cortex in Coco's cloths that sounds....Interesting.. :!!!!:
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I always hated crash games.
Small girl at the harbor wrote:Look Brandon, that crab's got ham!
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Dark Crusader wrote:I will admite it I did always like the Crash games. I hereded that Twinsanity was suppost to be funny..Is it?

Hmmmmm... seeing Cortex in Coco's cloths that sounds....Interesting.. :!!!!:
LOL, the game is HILARIOUS. Best PS2 game in quite awhile. It's got a whole new feel while retaining (and adding) the same Crash magic.
JS Lemming wrote:I always hated crash games.
Well, that's because you suck.

Now go play Poke'mon Dash for your DS or Mario Sunshine for your Qbe.

Does this have something to do with your mommy not buying you a PSX when you were 8?

Or does it have to do with you not having Crash Twinsanity for Qbe -- OH WAIT! They didn't make it for Qbe!!!!!

:guffaw:
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

I always hated Crash games as well.
Orgodemirk
Chaos Rift Devotee
Chaos Rift Devotee

Post by Orgodemirk »

Crash Games Kicked ass, so everyone shutup.
A glitch?
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Nah, I just don't like the crash games. Is it so hard to believe?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

JS Lemming wrote:Nah, I just don't like the crash games. Is it so hard to believe?
It is hard to believe. Are you sure you've played enough of them to judge fairly? Our tastes in games seem to overlap lots and I just don't see why you wouldn't like Crash Bandicoot. I just sorta assumed everybody loved Crash. At one point in my life I actually loved Crash more than Sonic and Mario. (When Crash 2 came out and I was sick of Mario 64 and didn't own a Saturn).

Gimme some reason that you don't like Crash. Then I'll accept it. :D

I'm going with HS again. Crash pwnz.
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

I just don't like the game period. Thats my reason. And its good enough for me.
Jesus
Chaos Rift Newbie
Chaos Rift Newbie

Post by Jesus »

NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
Are you gonna eat your tots?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

Jesus wrote:NOT GOOD ENOUGH!
Well, I'm sorry then. If it's not good enough for Jesus, then it's not good enough for me!
JS Lemming
Game Developer
Game Developer

Post by JS Lemming »

Jesus will smite Crash Banwhatever, becuase he sees through its sup-pari-ness to find even more sup-pari-ness.
FredDibnah
Chaos Rift Maniac
Chaos Rift Maniac

Post by FredDibnah »

Don't mind me, I hate platformers in general. "Collect fifty bananas to open this door!" Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?
Falco Girgis
Elysian Shadows Team
Elysian Shadows Team

Post by Falco Girgis »

FredDibnah wrote:Don't mind me, I hate platformers in general. "Collect fifty bananas to open this door!" Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?
Sounds like DK64 to me. A great game. That'd be item driven platformers. I myself HATE any item driven anything unless the gameplay is REALLY GOOD.

What the hell though? Crash is in no way item driven...
spideyspiderman2000
Chaos Rift Demigod
Chaos Rift Demigod

Post by spideyspiderman2000 »

Crash kicks ass.

The End.
South Park wrote:Mr Garrison: Okay class. Can anybody tell me what "Sexual Harrassment" is?

Cartman: Isn't that when you're having intercourse with a special lady friend, and some other guy comes up behind you and tickles your balls?
I HATE Jack Thompson!